• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 on Craigslist

1 hour ago, 2002Hyena said:

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the forum and just bought my first 2002 - this one!  I've got another project I'm pretty deep in, so haven't had a chance to dive too much into this one.  I've just been getting it tuned up and driving it.  I've got a bunch of questions, but let me try to figure it out first.

@02Les, you mentioned this car had a 318i motor and a 5 speed?  Are you a past owner of this car?  I'm always curious about a car's past history and I'd be grateful for any insight.  Thanks in advance.

No, not my car. I have some notes from when it was on Ebay in 2008, and there's mention of a 318i motor & 5 spd.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 8/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, 2002Hyena said:

… @02Les, you mentioned this car had a 318i motor and a 5 speed?  Are you a past owner of this car?…

Les is one of this forum’s great assets: he, for instance, tracks sales of ‘02’s. And has for years!

Thus, that one-little-old-lady-owner ‘02 is sometimes revealed as having 6 owners in 6 states in 6 years. Or that mint-always-garaged ‘02 turns out to have been an abandoned rust bucket in 2010… ?

BMW Group Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com) is temporarily closed until the end of 2021. When they re-open, they can and will, at no charge, provide the specific manufacturing date for your ‘02, as well as confirmation of it’s factory exterior color.

Besides what Les might have in his records, Google the VIN. Hey, you never know!

Congrats on your first ‘02. This forum is a necessary place to be if you own one!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)