• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think my cars stuttering problem is getting worse

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

That problem I told you about where my car takes forever to safely stay at idle and be drivable, in my belief has gotten worse. Now even after driving I get ocassional lapses of major decreased acceleration, where I step on the gas and it chokes and makes that noise. Also, It sometimes does this thing when I first start driving and am in gear, it violently lurches back and forth, like fuel is beking taken in and out from the car, so it stops and goes. I would compare it to messing up the clutch or missing A gear and getting that violent lurch. Any Ideas?

Guest Anonymous

It seems that the whole problem is fuel related. Either the fuel pump doesn't bring enough fuel to the car (I doubt it) or the carb itself needs some serious rebuild or tuning. My guess is that you have a Weber 32/36 and not the old Solex 32/32. Has it ben rebuilt lately? Have the floats been set? Are the jets clogged? Have you had a 2002 "expert" (friend) check the carb? I am glad that you bought a Haynes 2002 manual. Now maybe it is time to buy the Haynes on Webers. He, he...

Guest Anonymous

I have had It checked out by a guy I have connections to owns a Automotive Restoration place here in Ct. He did not notice any problems, but yet again he really didn't use it like I have. My feeling is that it has something to do with the pump, that i might add is quite noisy. Is it possible debris could be clogging lines? Either way Im going to rebuild the engine in the coming weeks/

THanks Alot

Guest Anonymous

10-4948912.gif

and you'll wnat to go over related systems, and pretty much everything is related to the engine.

Seriously though, consider all new bushings as well, front and rear. You'll be amazed at how tight it feels

Guest Anonymous

Maybe there is a wire that is gay, i mean, it goes in/out/in/out, with engine motion/rocking...

If you have stock ignition system i would check the connection at the distributor for loose crimp connector.

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

that the condesor is in good working order and that the motor is

properly timed before messing with the carb. There used to be a

saying, something like "99% of carb problems are ingition related", or

something like that...