• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Running M10

yacob555

• 2 weeks later...

An M10 originally from a 114 chassis will have the cam gear and distributor gear possibly running a different direction from your e21 platform M10 depending on build date. If this is something you are aware of and know in advance, I have a running engine in a car that will be coming out in Md. If you are interested, pm me. 

Edited by Guest_anonymous
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Guest_anonymous said:

An M10 originally from a 114 chassis will have the cam gear and distributor gear possibly running a different direction from your e21 platform M10 depending on build date. If this is something you are aware of and know in advance, I have a running engine in a car that will be coming out in Md. If you are interested, pm me. 

I did not know that, thanks for the heads up!

I have a '79 320i, do you know if that's compatible with what you have? If so, I'm intersted.

Shoot me a PM or reply here w/ contact info.

Thanks!

The e21 1.8 motor has the cam gear that runs a different direction. The problem would be the electronic pick up int your current distributor.