• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002tii — Project, Currently on eBay

Conserv

Price: $8100

Description:

Not mine, no affiliation.

But intriguing, probably because it promises to be a Fjord and Navy Blue 1972 sunroof tii. Could be nice! ?

(Yes, @AceAndrew, I know I like all the boring color combos. I call them “classic”, however, to avoid the stigmatization that often accompanies the “boring” label… ?)

The car has seemingly been disassembled since “shortly after “ 1985, so, even though, “every part is there”, you’ll excuse me if I harbor doubts on that claim. The rebuilt engine doesn’t look exactly the way I envision a rebuilt engine — although the block certainly received a quick spray with black spray paint — so I’d view this as a needs-absolutely-everything project until proven wrong. If that rebuilt Kugelfischer pump was sealed by the same team in charge of sealing the rebuilt engine, subtract 2 points!

VIN 2761681 was probably manufactured around May 10th, 1972. You’re in plastic-runner, twist-in fuel pickup territory, Bucko! I felt sorry for this car, however, having to run around naked for 35 years, so I entered it in the Registry. ?

Worth checking out, but the current dozen photos don’t begin to tell you what you’d like to know before you buy it — unless, of course, you’ve been searching for a 1972 Fjord sunroof tii, regardless of condition, in which case: bid away! ?

$8,100 was simply the current bid at the time I posted this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164905590116

The photo below shows the car sometime between 1985 and today! ?? Not so helpful. And, like my Inka ‘73, it appears to have been painted Malaga by one of you Malaga nuts. You know who you are, you guys go everywhere with a Malaga spray bomb in your hand… ?

Regards,

Steve

9715BB85-796C-41D4-8AEF-CFAEEF4FB600.png

• Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, resra said:

I dont think I understand the term NBSP?? What the heck is that?

A commonly used entity in HTML is the non-breaking space:   A non-breaking space is a space that will not break into a new line. Two words separated by a non-breaking space will stick together (not break into a new line).

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Wow: $9,900 for a car in boxed form!

Proves my point that a Fjord 1972 sunroof tii is a hot combo! ?

I hope the buyer will reveal himself to this forum, and not stay in the shadows! We can help (spend your money)!

Regards,

Steve

3 hours ago, Einspritz said:

I think that's well bought. Now if it were Taiga or Ceylon..........

Based on Les’s note, I guess we don’t know if it was, for certain, sold. Assuming it was sold outside eBay, that at least implies a price materially higher than the eBay bids.

I don’t know, a car that’s been in boxes for 35 years sounds like a pig in a poke to me. I’d say that’s also well sold! 

Best regards,

Steve

Weeeeeeellllll just my kind of project if there is negligible rust. All I am looking for is that, sunroof, with matching numbers block, and the right one color. I have everything else hoarded away.

It would give me a chance to "clean out" the garage and storage an assemble it all in one neat tidy package.

I can dream, can't I?

Why isn't there an emoji for car parts hoarder?

• Haha 1