• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color?

Pdxguy

It's not Golf--not enough green--at least in the picture.  There was a color called Maizegelb (corn yellow) but AFAIK it was only used on Bauer cabriolets (full convertibles, not Targas).  Otherwise, it's not an original '02 color.

mike

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Since it's badged a c1 2.3 (which is E21), Coronagelb is totally possible, since E21.  That said when I owned my Golf E12, it was always a very difficult car to get the color to appear properly in photos and that photo definitely looks like it's had a bunch of post processing and a much warmer color temp. 

1973 2002 tii

1974 2002 turbo

It is/was Bill William’s car, restored by him 10-odd years ago. You should still be able to find the build thread on the site. Definitely not Golf though.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

28 minutes ago, Pdxguy said:

Hard to discern between the actual car color and effect of lighting, processing, etc.

Yes.  It is impossible.  :) 

Here is another "what's that yellow" discussion.

Here are examples of the Dakar Yellow color Jim mentions in the links I posted.

https://www.google.com/search?q=E36+Dakar+yellow&rlz=1C1LEND_enUS564US564&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPofDXnaLxAhVBtZ4KHUiFC6IQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1680&bih=907