• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Appreciate input - What is my value?

Seeking the forum's input.  I have a 69 1600-2 that, during restoration, a PO fit a late model nose.  Please give me your thoughts on value. 

The details:  Riviera but born 4/30/69 with Chamonix (1569103), strong 2002 motor, no known mechanical/structural issues, no rust, great paint, console deleted.  Door panels are currently off getting Aardvard backers installed.  69 1600-2 E10 BMW.jpg.     

S732SfLdNh9JfY6eHp0dFkQEZjxrduW7K24UPY4a5iz4NuKiPdHbvVDD8Y30wWyz3V5N4pSziXl1DRLJVlDYY0I6zwWs1CynJUJ2xYyx2XANSCBzeHqPGrxiGtPSEMkIj_eVhvj79bU1fXHoXinpzQEpxtjs8OsUqp_NqL1KfQ-7mt52oDBQzrVuh6E3_Yr3Ngle1qRSo6fSXCugv.jpg

2KO--K0b2bguZTe68KSnsjggR3S1QVlLpPqiQWLiUPHr8UywrkJSVaI8WO4g4jG4XwUM7C5jbHCTX_4DwHUx-XHbXNY0OHfqEVKm4uGNll1qR6Q-tsFavRh52TUca26HiM9rP-GcHb24SJoVoP70k7g6uEoq4qfbFh3OtaL4qhRmh4QRanWn1d3DbxvG8xuwvpRhfG_V6X4Q2efGU.jpg

diYuQAP3BQseqk434cHUzeiUT8G4_Is3QRiOrAxzA0l-kUYe0lOJaHmU8X-QpxpVudcZMzfQz1tRM0_yF2favkEVaFg5gPbW_aLRN3AWIXVm0Sd8k3s40d6hDHPKhU5YsDs0natD00t0HBGuPXk01RRtS8no8a7HBci5W_qvPhhyp4kuiTPpznF6fOhxe0CPyj46cscWNllOP7PcA.jpg

60vallBMW1MQW3bgcTO8PLsTVjHo0BpzV_ou2YfynAsiHEyTAdxYUPuBy-Vu82ErcXHKIfIrMJ66SnHiz9ZZl_5d8pQLUjNI-EyHRM1rcc2K4UuSede1JKt2h-85IrW2NIWiNAGwQ9lmOkBkb6Ekbzldjvy2OJg00v7R6zCY-se4PgNp1EeAXgdfohrsFF_MB_OLMwxxTf3Op4261.jpg

Edited by Monkeybone67

Monkeybone67:

I like your car, it presents well.  Problems for me include the later nose, the black paint in the engine compartment, (and trunk?). I personally like the shorty console installed, but the seats and dash look great.  The paint looks good, but from the pictures the color looks slightly off, somewhere between a dark Pastellblau and a Riviera, (could be the light, or the camera).  What was the original color?

Given the rising prices of our cars, if this had the right nose, full paint and a shorty console and some sprucing (correct coatings on hood retaining rod, correct under hood decals, correct valve cover, shiny bits, it could fetch mid to low $30's on "Bring A Ton" of cash.  But as presented, something with a $2 in front of it (low to mid $20's) would be more realistic, considering it would cost $10 to $12K to put it right.  Others may have a different opinion.

IMHO,

Mark92131

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

6 minutes ago, Mark92131 said:

Monkeybone67:

I like your car, it presents well.  Problems for me include the later nose, the black paint in the engine compartment, (and trunk?). I personally like the shorty console installed, but the seats and dash look great.  The paint looks good, but from the pictures the color looks slightly off, somewhere between a dark Pastellblau and a Riviera, (could be the light, or the camera).  What was the original color?

Given the rising prices of our cars, if this had the right nose, full paint and a shorty console and some sprucing (correct coatings on hood retaining rod, correct under hood decals, correct valve cover, shiny bits, it could fetch mid to low $30's on "Bring A Ton" of cash.  But as presented, something with a $2 in front of it (low to mid $20's) would be more realistic, considering it would cost $10 to $12K to put it right.  Others may have a different opinion.

IMHO,

Mark92131

Mark92131 Thank you.  Color is Riviera but original was Chamonix (description updated).  Yes, trunk paint matches engine compartment. 

18 minutes ago, Monkeybone67 said:

Color is Riviera

This is the color I have in my head for Riviera...  With the color change from Chamonix and the black trunk, my as presented estimate would drop to high teens to low-mid $20's.

Good luck with your sale.

Mark92131

grims_73_2002_10.JPG

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

The black engine bay and trunk are almost always a turn off for me. Like unfinished business or worse, what are they hiding.

The incorrect nose is a bummer on what appears  to be a nice car.  Correct dash would be nice also.

Without seeing underside would agree high teens to low 20's.   Downside is what's wrong would take some effort to correct.

Still I like it. glws

• Like 2

Agreed with the comments. Prob 18-25k based on a solid body, solid paint and solid drivetrain. Won't attract purists but not everyone is. If a solid "no rust" car then it is more attractive to those that live out east.

If you were to shoot for top dollar than nose, engine paint would be my first thoughts. Seems a bit low in the back too but I'm stretching now. Can't tell if those are Alpina rims or aftermarket or 320i alloys.

Best way to find out is to put it out there and consider all options! Nice looking car and GLWS!

~JasonP

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

1 hour ago, JsnPpp said:

Agreed with the comments. Prob 18-25k based on a solid body, solid paint and solid drivetrain. Won't attract purists but not everyone is. If a solid "no rust" car then it is more attractive to those that live out east.

If you were to shoot for top dollar than nose, engine paint would be my first thoughts. Seems a bit low in the back too but I'm stretching now. Can't tell if those are Alpina rims or aftermarket or 320i alloys.

Best way to find out is to put it out there and consider all options! Nice looking car and GLWS!

~JasonP

Thanks, JsnPpp, aftermarket Alpinas, I believe.

Edited by Monkeybone67

13 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

You received 5 value estimates the fall within a similar pricing ballpark (all in 24 hours of the original post) ... little curious as to what you still would like feedback on? 

AceAndrew, agree with you, valuation was pretty consistent among the opinions.  I was curious about the other insight members have been offering.

I think these shitboxes (look up John Morton, and then price a 510) are now overvalued.

I think if you don't love the car, now's not a bad time to sell,

as there is a shitload of internet cash that is looking to invest itself.

eBay with a $10k reserve, or BringAnIdiotWithAnOpinion at similar should make you money.

Above estimates seem to be in the right range,

given that DogeBucks can buy you a Tesla.

I also think that's a nice car.

But in my (dated) world, it's also a $5k car.

So sell now.

t

didn't buy a $3k tii with a blown head gasket.

(idiot)

(no shiba inoo 4 u)

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL