• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 2002haus 5 speed U bracket

RoccoGilroy

I’m looking for a U shaped bracket for my 5 speed. But specifically one of the original ones from Rob at 2002 haus… I understand he has fallen on hard times or I’d have ordered one from him. I know that several other suppliers exist for this product but I would prefer the original… Never sat right with me that his design was copied and sold. I missed one on EBay for $15 a few weeks back… ?‍♂️

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

I know I know… I used the U on my last car and it worked just fine… I understand the concern but from personal experience I can say that I never had a problem and it made install much quicker… Thank you for trying to talk me out of it… Maybe someday I’ll listen to good advise…?

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

16 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

I know I know… I used the U on my last car and it worked just fine… I understand the concern but from personal experience I can say that I never had a problem and it made install much quicker… Thank you for trying to talk me out of it… Maybe someday I’ll listen to good advise…?

I used one of Rob’s brackets for a few months.  I had giubo issues mainly due to a cheap giubo.  I installed a set of bolt on brackets from Lee (Massive) and shortened my 4 speed support bracket.  Rock solid (I always use the e21 rubber mount).

I do know several 2002 owners who love the U shaped bracket. Just not me.

Edited by jgerock
  • Thanks 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"