• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color combo

LbRex

Truth be told, neither Inka nor Colorado came from the factory with brown/tan/tobacco/saddle interiors, unless someone special ordered it--and that wouldn't have been one ordered through the US importer.  IIRC Taiga is a squarelight only color, and I believe it did come with that "natural" or buckskin tan interior; not sure if I've seen a Taiga car with a black interior.

But of course you can swap interiors around to whatever color you wish.  Some manufacturers had some strange color combinations:  a friend's 53 Studebaker Starliner hardtop has a navy blue body, cream top and red interior.  And those colors are on the build sheet from the factory.  Think Atlantic with a red interior 2002...Go figure...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

21 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Truth be told, neither Inka nor Colorado came from the factory with brown/tan/tobacco/saddle interiors, unless someone special ordered it--and that wouldn't have been one ordered through the US importer.  IIRC Taiga is a squarelight only color, and I believe it did come with that "natural" or buckskin tan interior; not sure if I've seen a Taiga car with a black interior.

But of course you can swap interiors around to whatever color you wish.  Some manufacturers had some strange color combinations:  a friend's 53 Studebaker Starliner hardtop has a navy blue body, cream top and red interior.  And those colors are on the build sheet from the factory.  Think Atlantic with a red interior 2002...Go figure...

mike

So they just came with black? I’m trying to find a factory combo. 

Light green (linden green Mercedes color) with parchment (natural/buck skin) looks amazing. 

My 75 came to me mintgreen with black interior, I feel the car was just used and not modified by the po's but i can't swear to it,  it was a automatic when I got it but no more. looks nice to me.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

5 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

My 75 came to me mintgreen with black interior, I feel the car was just used and not modified by the po's but i can't swear to it,  it was a automatic when I got it but no more. looks nice to me.

It’s a nice color

Taiga was introduced in ‘73 (I almost bought a ‘73 Taiga tii), perhaps ‘72, but was only available w/a black interior.

• Like 3

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Well it comes down to the amount of "corectness" your after, imo any color on the 02 pallet would be good enough, some want a more accurate restoration and restrict it to the colors used in their model year. It's up to what you want.

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

17 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Well it comes down to the amount of "corectness" your after, imo any color on the 02 pallet would be good enough, some want a more accurate restoration and restrict it to the colors used in their model year. It's up to what you want.

Indeed! I’ve seen a restored ‘74 Taiga tii with a beige interior and it looked great. The Clarion builds fjord 02 had a parchment (not oyster) interior that was awesome as well.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams