• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color combo

LbRex

I'm not convinced that what is, is or what was, was.

Investigation of my 74 Polaris tii, including going back as far as the second owner, pretty much proves my car came with a Natural/Beige interior, when in fact NO Polaris' came with anything but Marine Blue interiors. Even the seat date codes indicate this interior was original, as does the strip down of the interior I did myself. 

That and the fact that the original owner was a documented, wealthy philanthropist seems to indicate to me he ordered the car that way.

Guess we'll never know, but as the Monkees sang, "I'm a believer."

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

9 minutes ago, Conserv said:

+1

!!!

This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put!

:P

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

2 hours ago, NYNick said:

… when in fact NO Polaris' came with anything but Marine Blue interiors…

Well… Marine Blue didn’t apparently exist as an interior color until sometime in 1968. And up until that time, Polaris was generally paired with a Black interior… ?

I kid you not! 

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

After decades of hanging around the 02 seen I think the 74 and earlier car were subject to some degree of serendipity on color combos, I think around the 75 model they went to a more computer driven build sheet probably, again IMO, tied to the up coming e21 production, I have know data to back this up but it feels right to me. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

If I had a 69 and was leaning toward green  then Florida /Tan would clearly be the call especially in Southern California

Florida is seldom seen compared to plenty of Inca /Black cars  Florida was available on 1600s but who's to quibble if it ends up on a 2002

In the end it's whatever you like   Stock color or not, Correct year or not Don't be constrained by correctness on a 69 unless correctness falls into your liking 

If the car was a original numbers match Tii then I would stay with what BMW says it left the factory with Otherwise go for what you like

14 minutes ago, rstclark said:

If I had a 69 and was leaning toward green  then Florida /Tan would clearly be the call especially in Southern California

Florida is seldom seen compared to plenty of Inca /Black cars  Florida was available on 1600s but who's to quibble if it ends up on a 2002

In the end it's whatever you like   Stock color or not, Correct year or not Don't be constrained by correctness on a 69 unless correctness falls into your liking 

If the car was a original numbers match Tii then I would stay with what BMW says it left the factory with Otherwise go for what you like

14 minutes ago, rstclark said:

Agreed, I do like the Florida, it’s just little tame for my taste. 

agreed on the numbers matching tii, I wouldn’t mess with that either. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...