• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color combo

LbRex

27 minutes ago, LbRex said:

@Conservthoughts?

I believe it’s going to look fabulous! The work on the seats is obviously top-notch.

I’ll admit that I view Colorado as largely a 1968-1972 color and it might be a nice touch to have chromed recliners on those front seats — especially if you’re going to use other chromed, or bright, accents within and/or outside the car. The black splatter-painted recliners and the chromed recliners can be swapped. Colorado cars with black splatter-painted recliners certainly existed, but they were probably rarer than those with chromed recliners.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing this reassembled it looks like a 69 that’s confused. Notice side lights in the rear but no sidelights in the front

early 69’s didn’t have sidelights but later 69’s from about January 1969 on did have them

The VIN would be and indicator of production date and help determine which way this car should go assuming the intention is to get it correct

In it’s history , the front fenders could have been replaced with early fenders or it could have suffered a rear collision that was repaired with a later rear end

The strongest probability is that it is a later model 69 and the front fenders have been replaced. 
This would be easy to fix if it is a later model by adding the sidelights

By chance does it have rear reflector lights ?  Is so the tail piece has been replaced with a later , like say a 72, model  Roundie  tail 

Steve can confirm this

The front two fenders where replaced with and didn’t have the provision for the reflectors, as mention, 2 pilot holes should take care of that.  Good catch. I totally forgot about the back, maybe now I’ll add the fronts to match.  

The front two fenders where replaced with and didn’t have the provision for the reflectors, as mention, 2 pilot holes should take care of that.  Good catch. I totally forgot about the back, maybe now I’ll add the fronts to match.