• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One more time with feeling – Recaro seats swap

tdskip

Hi folks – I’ve been a bit distracted with some other stuff but I hope everybody has had a good and safe summer.

From looking through the archives it appears that I can take the seat rails from my stock seats and swap them over to E 21 Recaros  and then simply refit, but I wanted to check to make sure that I am thinking about this the right way.

Thanks!

Edited by tdskip
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tdskip said:

From looking through the archives it appears that I can take the seat rails from my stock seats and swap them over to E 21 Recaros  and then simply refit, but I wanted to check to make sure that I am thinking about this the right way.

Pretty sure a flat plate adapter is required, either purchased or fabricated.

https://www.blunttech.com/shop/1482btkt

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I’ve done it twice as described in the first post , E21 sliders with E21 recaros. No adapters (since they didn’t exist then) or big mods that I can remember but it has been a few years since I did it. 

Edited by Lorin

1 hour ago, tdskip said:

Hi folks – I’ve been a bit distracted with some other stuff but I hope everybody has had a good and safe summer.

Thanks!

If your E21 Recaros still has the E21 rail attached underneath, then yes.

DSCN5765sm.JPG

• Like 3

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Be sure to check the adapter kits, height can be an issue. Aardvarc adapters can raise the seat while the ones made by Massive do not. 

I am 5'6'' and the Aardvarcs were perfect for me.  

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Good morning and thank you for all the responses, really appreciate people sharing their experience and considerations. The seats are picked up were in an Alfa so the original brackets may well have gone missing, let me take a look at what I’ve got and get some photos posted.

Thanks and hope good weekend for everyone so far.

Good morning, hope the weekend wrapped up well for everyone. Here’s what I’ve got now, these look very homebrew and I’m assuming will need to come off.

Will give our friends at Aardvark a call, I am  overdue to purchase something from them after their very gracious time on the phone with me.

2F590A0C-126C-45C4-8A5C-2310997650B0.jpeg

0238FE3A-14AB-46CE-9A01-A7CB1E537854.jpeg

1 hour ago, esty said:

set them on your seat rail frames to see if they align if so, you're good to go

Try that for sure.

Even if the holes dont line up you may be able to drill new holes to fit. 

Add a few spacers as required.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 8/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, Blitzen said:

Anybody make risers/spacers I have e21 Recaro's  in my Touring and at 5'8 I feel like I'm sitting on the floor.

Couldn’t you just use some aluminum blocks drilled and longer bolts? I’ve done that a number of cars and it makes it easy to get the height exactly what you want.

• Like 1