• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Rondel Magazines - any value?

Slowhand

Question: I have 111Rondel Magazines, published between April 1983 and December 1999.  All are in good or very good condition.  Think they are of any value? and if so, how much? I would appreciate you wieghing in on this: good, bad or whatever.  Slowhand

IMG_3960.jpg

Edited by Slowhand

Putting my 74 tii back together - one bolt at a time.

• Slowhand changed the title to Old Rondel Magazines - any value?

As stated above, you can find them for sale on eBay or in the classifieds at the BMW CCA site.  You could check the "sold" button on eBay to see what the going rate is for those that actually sold.  I have them from 1980 to present, and some extras I've picked up from club members divesting themselves of them.  Good luck!

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

If no one on the FAQ want's 'em, you might offer to donate 'em to the BMW CCA Foundation--besides their museum in SC,they also have an archive of all sorts of BMW-related materials--manuals, sales literature, books, magazines etc.

If they were pre-1981, I'd take 'em off your hands...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I was finally able to dummy down the resolution to fit a picture of what I have & the dates onto this site, Who says grumpy old men can't learn.

So here's the full picture: I'm selling my '74 2002Tii. It's 95% disassembled & ready for media blasting. I've just run out of life-span, am 73 and wiser to let this project go.

I'd like to get the sale onto Bring-a-Trailer. Think including these Rondel's would add valued 'extra' to the sale. I've had the car 25+ years & still have some memorabilia.  Think it would add to the sale or am I dreaming.  Think I should just sell them for a reasonable price to someone who really wants them?

Appreciate your chiming in............

Putting my 74 tii back together - one bolt at a time.

IMHO, old Roundels don’t add value to your car sale… unless your car was in a particular issue, or the issue has content related to your car, or they’re  from it’s age. Your other memorabilia and your service records may have greater value for inclusion with your sale (depending) - but it’ll probably come down to the condition of the car itself..

Sorry to see you having to let it go. Hope you’ve enjoyed  the heck out of it.  Best wishes finding a great new owner with the time/resources to finish that restoration!

Tom

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

3 hours ago, Mike Self said:

If no one on the FAQ want's 'em, you might offer to donate 'em to the BMW CCA Foundation--besides their museum in SC,they also have an archive of all sorts of BMW-related materials--manuals, sales literature, books, magazines etc.

If they were pre-1981, I'd take 'em off your hands...

mike

The BMW CCA Foundation, as far as I know, has every Roundel since the first printed stapled Newsletter. People offer them collections very often for the archive politely decline.

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I have a complete 12-issue 1983 set available for anyone who wants them (please take all 12).

This was the only year left when I gave my 1977 to 1989 collection away at the local Swap & Show.

What's with the year 1983???

John

PS: Really hard to find a "young" gear head.  "What are points? What's a carburetor? Where's the cup-holder and bluetooth?

There are tons of them,  perhaps you are not recognizing them, or maybe the bay area pricing means that self-reliant kids can't afford to live there.  They may not act just like you (or your age demographic), but the enthusiasm is there for older cars they can actually wrench on. 

I know of dozens who are my classmates at university right now.  Just wrapped up having a small handful over to my little shed for an "internship" this past summer.  They helped break down differentials and tinkered with different parts (including some junk DCOE's they disassembled to figure out how they worked).  Great kids with great potential.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

There are tons of them,

Thanks Andrew.

Good to know there are still some young'uns curious about mechanical things and how they work. 

Met a nice young man this morning with his recently acquired '71. He was very eager to learn everything about fixing and maintaining his car. 

I'm just getting too grumpy.  98% of young drivers I see are staring at their laps instead of taking in the "joy of driving".

• Like 1