• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Well cared for / nice 02

der Heilerin

Price: $1

Description:

Apologies for the abrupt introduction, for some reason I couldn’t find the intro thread. 

I’m looking for a well cared for 2002. Years ago, I had a ‘73, Malaga, only a Weber carb as any accessory. I ended up selling it as I could not bear to drive it through a MidWest winter. Some gent in Ann Arbor may still own it. I’ve tried to find the paperwork but that was so many years ago . . He got a great deal on that car. 

Since that time, I’ve owned several BMW bikes but the ‘02 still sticks in my mind. 

I’m looking for a nice example, not necessarily restored, not necessarily numbers matching. Roundie or Square is fine. I want to tastefully create a nicely updated ‘02, maybe a five speed, some suspension work and Panasports. Exhaust and uprated radiator, so if the car has these already, it would be attractive to me. 

Not so much stanced, bagged, M3 type builds. Rolled fenders to fit (again) tasteful wheels if done well is a plus. No projects but if it needs a few things, that’s fine. 

Maybe this is a stretch, or a tall ask. I’ve been browsing this site for years, just now created a profile. Feel free to send PMs, or info. I may know many of you from events or track days. Thanks for your consideration, I’m looking forward to finding a nice example. I can link images or listings if that would help the search. 

Warm dehumidified garage is waiting!

On 8/23/2021 at 6:40 PM, Outacontrol said:

I am looking to sell my 72’ 2002tii.  I am in Michigan 

Hi,

Considering selling one of my cars. '71, professionally built by me, a 50+ year BMW mechanic.In my collection for 20+ years.Getting old and thinning the herd.

PM if interested.   

Dan  

DSCN0990 (13).JPG

DSCN1989 (21) (1) (3) (5).JPG

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 6:17 PM, der Heilerin said:

Description:

Apologies for the abrupt introduction, for some reason I couldn’t find the intro thread. 

I’m looking for a well cared for 2002. Years ago, I had a ‘73, Malaga, only a Weber carb as any accessory. I ended up selling it as I could not bear to drive it through a MidWest winter. Some gent in Ann Arbor may still own it. I’ve tried to find the paperwork but that was so many years ago . . He got a great deal on that car. 

Since that time, I’ve owned several BMW bikes but the ‘02 still sticks in my mind. 

I’m looking for a nice example, not necessarily restored, not necessarily numbers matching. Roundie or Square is fine. I want to tastefully create a nicely updated ‘02, maybe a five speed, some suspension work and Panasports. Exhaust and uprated radiator, so if the car has these already, it would be attractive to me. 

Not so much stanced, bagged, M3 type builds. Rolled fenders to fit (again) tasteful wheels if done well is a plus. No projects but if it needs a few things, that’s fine. 

Maybe this is a stretch, or a tall ask. I’ve been browsing this site for years, just now created a profile. Feel free to send PMs, or info. I may know many of you from events or track days. Thanks for your consideration, I’m looking forward to finding a nice example. I can link images or listings if that would help the search. 

On 8/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, der Heilerin said:

Thanks!

You may have to PM me, looks like I don’t yet have privileges to message others (3 post minimum). I’m not far in SE MI. 

OPs, wrong guy.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:17 PM, der Heilerin said:

Description:

Hi,

Considering selling one of my cars. '71, professionally built by me, a 50+ year BMW mechanic.In my collection for 20+ years.Getting old and thinning the herd.

PM if interested.   

Dan  

DSCN0990 (13).JPG

DSCN1989 (21) (1) (3) (5).JPG

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, coloincaalpine said:

PM if interested.   

Dan  

That car is gorgeous.  Great job on it.  Good luck selling it.

Scott

• Thanks 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI