• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

National Dog Day!

steve k.

My best friends. 

Don

53DAEEC5-8D57-42F1-B475-BCFA8DE9E801.jpeg

64D90330-D2BC-4A27-840F-3E0286734DA6.jpeg

• Like 8

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

My dog "Maxwell" with my girlfriend and 1600.

IMG_0587.JPG

My late dog "Presley", the bravest and toughest Shi-Tzu who passed away from Lung Cancer in 2019 at age 14. Pic taken a few months before he passed away.

7-19-19-8.jpg

My Late dog, "Dolcito", the most Majestic Shi-Tzu who passed away in 2017 from Lymphoma at age 14. Pic taken a few months before he passed away.

IMG_0240.JPG

Edited by Autostrada
  • Like 2

(This is not a "Political" post, but rather an account of the deaths of a loyal service dog and his human handlers. It may be interpreted by the "Administrator" and others as "Un-American", but it is not politically tainted or motivated. Parallels to this story can be found in various military's throughout the world. )

In memory of “Lister” and friends killed in action while defending their homeland during 1999,

“Lister”, the German Shepherd, faithfully served the Yugoslav Army where he stood out from other dogs in his affection for his human comrades. He was able to discern between friend, foe and animals, ever alert and keeping his unit abreast of their surroundings. On one occasion in the dead of night, just as his unit was about to open fire at approaching footsteps, Lister didn't bark, signaling that it wasn't a person, keeping his unit concealed from the enemy. Lister then kept calm as a bear and her cubs emerged from the dark and passed near-by.

He wasn’t afraid of NATO bombs or combat where he successfully mauled several enemy soldiers to death before he fell in battle heroically on Easter Day – April 11, 1999 alongside his comrades. The first burst of machine gun fire silenced his handler, Sargent Vasojevic and Privates Predrag Bogosavljević, Milenko Božić and Darko Bjelobrk as they clashed with Islamic- Albanian militants and their NATO handlers. Lister's yelps could no longer be heard after the second burst. Before his death, Lister was awarded the rank of “Major” by his unit, part of a small Yugoslav force of 800 men, which continued to rebuff repeated assaults on their positions in the mountainous border in Kosare, Yugoslavia, by over 6,000 Islamists attacking from Albania and bolstered by US's "elite" Army Rangers and NATO's air power.

Below: Pics of "Lister" and his comrades shortly before their deaths in 1999.

Lister.jpg

Lister 2.jpg

Lister 3.jpg

Edited by Autostrada
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, steve k. said:

Today is a National Dog Day. I do not know who assigns these, but here is a photo of our boys at a Cars and Coffee

Steve K.

IMG_20180204_175334_953.jpg

Steve showing 2 GSDs and that über sexy touring in the same picture and Slavs talking about the German Shepherd Dog as well.  The GSD is fully my favorite, right next to the Colorado Black Dog.  I'll see if I can find a relevant picture of him in the car.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I genuinely believe dogs to be the best invention ever, including being better than hot water.

Frozen river; pulling guard duty after she worked a 24; dog.exe failed after installing boots; hiking by Gunnison

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Edited by irdave
  • Like 3

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

10 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Got sheep?

No sheep, but I have a cat, a pool polaris, grandchildren, each other, wheel barrow, lawn equipment and a side by side.  All of which get herded from time to time, mostly the cat and pool polaris. 

Don

C60A525D-194C-4CD1-8969-26989D7AA1C3.jpeg

6ECC8F6E-41BF-44DF-92B1-49B77B5AA203.png

Edited by beammmer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007