• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

National Dog Day!

steve k.

1st pic is of my current co-pilot Lola, tellimg.me to get that Recaro back in so we can go for a ride!

2nd pic is of Renner (RIP), a white German Shepherd who loved rides in the 1600 as well.  Final pic is of my first pup, Stuka, a black and tan German Shepherd who loved to ride in the Bavaria when she was young, and preferred the Mustang when she got older.

20200905_112345.jpg

IMG_20160621_211305451.jpg

IMG_20170407_081455405.jpg

• Like 4

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

4 minutes ago, Leucadian said:

Late to the party, but here's our boy, Toast!

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Perfect name, matches perfectly!

Don

• Like 2

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Had to search a little to find these.  This was Rikka, my first White German Shepherd, who LOVED the 1600.  The would sneak into the garage, jump through the drivers side window and chill in the back seat.  Often times she would refuse to get out of the 1600 until I would take her for a spin.  After our drive, she would hop right out, satisfied.  I really miss her!

Rikka 1600 1.jpg

Rikka 1600 2.jpg

Rikka & Renner 1600.jpg

• Like 6

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Oh, forgot this one, my oldest has high anxiety from thunder.  Found him in the open trunk one time.  Closed the trunk, then the "smartest" dog still tried to get in and scratched the trunk lid.  Ha Ha Bud.

Don

2595CB07-394C-4602-80FF-FB4A9C9D929D.jpeg

D0177A8E-916A-448A-9C73-D2C7F7273901.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

1 hour ago, BarneyT said:

My girl Lily

Lily was the goodest girl. She would keep Papa company while Barney and I toiled away on the 2000CS

37D259C8-479A-4EAF-ADA7-5F6ED2AF69C3.jpeg
Ed Z

• Like 7

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

No pictures unfortunately, but two quick stories:

Our first Cocker Spaniel, Cocoa, was AKC registered, so we bred him several times.  He quickly associated riding in my old Datsun pickup truck with getting lucky.  All I had to do was walk towards the truck and he was there waiting, tongue hanging out, all ready to rock 'n roll. He died, not of overexuberence but congestive heart failure at only 8. 

Our second Cocker, also a cute blonde named Buddy Trouble of Beavercreek ('cause Trouble was his middle name) was only 5 weeks old when we got him.  At about 8 weeks, I took him to the vet for the first time to get his puppy shots.  I installed him in the '02's back seat and off we went.  About halfway there, I smelled an unmistakable odor.  Yep, he had taken a dump...in my hat, which I had--in error--left on the back seat.  Buddy and I had a come-to-Jesus meeting right there on the roadside.  He never did that again!  We lost him at 12 to kidney failure. 

Still miss 'em both, along with our first dog, Baron Volkswagen von Wolfsburg.  But that's another story.

mike  

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Adopted two Jindo mixes from Korea under the guise we saved them from the meat market, and paying a big adoption fee. Jerry (green collar) and his sister Yuli (pink collar) are like some cars, nice to look at but a pain to own.  They are literally trying to dig their way back to Korea.  We often think of going ahead and having that big BBQ for what they were originally bred. (JK)  Peculiar sleep positions for sure. 

Jerry provided his thoughts on BMWs, he must be a Hyundai devotee, and finally settled down when we brought home a new Santa Fe.

gift.jpg

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 8/27/2021 at 2:51 AM, Autostrada said:

My dog "Maxwell" with my girlfriend and 1600.

IMG_0587.JPG

My late dog "Presley", the bravest and toughest Shi-Tzu who passed away from Lung Cancer in 2019 at age 14. Pic taken a few months before he passed away.

7-19-19-8.jpg

My Late dog, "Dolcito", the most Majestic Shi-Tzu who passed away in 2017 from Lymphoma at age 14. Pic taken a few months before he passed away.

IMG_0240.JPG

Where was the picture of you car and all taken? (Edit Just realized we already had this conversation)

Edited by lewisfoto

No pic's but a quick story, the wife and I as newly weds decided we needed a dog, so we picked out this cute little Malamute puppy she was only 6 weeks old and looked like a gunnies pig, her little oil pan only cleared the ground by about a inch, skip forward and she grew up to be 145 lbs whose shoulders were hip high to me and I'm 6' tall,  any way working on my 02 I had her tied to the bumper ow my type 2 pick up in the driveway that was steep, anyway I'm under the car and I hear a bang, being under a car this noise will get your attention, anyway the car was solid on the stands so back to work I went, bang, huff huff, I look and she was pulling the bus the driveway about 2 feet at a time, parking brake on and in first gear, I was a bit stuned to say the least, my interduction to how much these dogs can pull.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

50 minutes ago, lewisfoto said:

Where was the picture of you car and all taken? (Edit Just realized we already had this conversation)

Hi Lewis,

The pic was taken in Burbank, CA in front of my house. The mountains in the background are part of the Verdugos which are in the San Gabriel Range.  There's lots of wildlife in the area.

I think you live at the base of the same range of mountains about 30-40 miles due East at the other end of the range.

Enzo getting the horn watching the monte carlo historic - died at 16.5 years just before New Year. Amazing age for a big dog, such a dude

DSC_0129.jpg

His black sister béné died a couple of years ago, which just leaves us with the young pup whose now 6. Feel another pooch is on the horizon.

IMG_1583.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

• Like 8

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg