• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Weber 32/36 carb for 1976 2002

AGC318is

Hi, I am interested, this is a Bay Area car...and I'm from the Bay Area, but now in Northeast Pennsylvania, and the car just got here on Thursday afternoon. This is my first 02 since the 90's, so I'm pretty excited to get it running good....please let me know what you had in mind as far as price. Thanks, Aidan  

Edited by AGC318is

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! As a fellow Bay Area 1976 owner, I can tell you that the 32/36 definitely makes a noticeable difference. However, as Chris_B said above, you are in for a doozy with trying to pass smog. In my case, I basically have to shell out around $300/2years in order to have the car hot smogged so it can stay registered. I hope everything works out for you, but I would definitely recommend at least getting the '76 registered before smog delete so you can enjoy the car for a couple years. The damn cutoff has been '75 for years, and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

Edited by dlefebvre02
specifying location for context

28 minutes ago, Labphoto said:

Having had the 32/36 and recently gone to a 38/38, I would get the 38/38. My 2002 is bone stock. 

Been thinking about converting over in the future, what benefits (and detriments) have you noticed over the 32/36? We have a 123dizzy and done quite the timing work but other than that pretty close to stock as well.

The 38/38 is fantastic, step on the gas and it goes and goes. I didn’t have that with my 32/36. Mileage maybe worse, but the 2002 is not my daily driver. Idles better as well. Some people say it’s too much carb for a stock engine, but I disagree. This is what my PO should have put on instead of the 32/36. Super easy to set mixture on as well and has plenty to give when I rebuild my engine and head in the future. I simply love it and can’t recommend it enough.