• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite 02 color

steve k.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, Wahnsinn said:

See you there.

If you're in the village Friday afternoon, I usually try to park the 1600 on 7th street just past the old Ford dealership.  After that I leave the village at about 5:30 and head up the old track to my sister's house which is on the original course at the s turns at the top of the hill to watch from there.  Fun Times!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

On 9/11/2021 at 11:18 AM, David Layton said:

I like most of the 2002 palette.  Very bright and refreshing compared to most cars today!  I am convinced that Audi has their colors chosen by funeral directors.  Let me put in a vote for Atlantik!

Headliner went in this week.  Starting to re-assemble today!

Home from JT.jpg

Atlantik. Rare and beautiful!

It’s looking great, David!

I believe the three photos below came from Lars. Apologies to the source if it wasn’t Lars! It’s a factory white leather interior — yes, it appears in the parts catalogue — in an Atlantik ‘73 2002A. It’s Euro, of course!

I have some sort of a Jones for dark blue cars. But I like it with lighter interiors. Just saying…

Best regards,

Steve

EF57B59C-BAF5-4CE0-B1A0-E9DDEF95E58F.jpeg

DDED24F4-508E-463A-AD85-C142E2F65026.jpeg

CE6029AD-FD8F-47F4-B7CA-36AD6E72216A.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

This topic may actually be an interesting addition to the registry.  

Steve, would it be possible to somehow query the registry for models and colors by year to come up with a count of color quantities per model?  I know there have been lots of thread topics over the years since BMW did not track color quantities.  

I realize it would only pertain to cars in the registry however as a percentage of cars the numbers might be indicative.  It might also serve to bring more people into the registry if they knew you were tracking that sort of data.  Of course it’s only as good as the data entry.  So there might be some challenges there.

Just a thought.  Love this thread.  Of course my battleship grey weighs high on my personal fav.

Jeff

20200713_134552_resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 11:28 AM, 69Bimmer02 said:

This topic may actually be an interesting addition to the registry.  

Steve, would it be possible to somehow query the registry for models and colors by year to come up with a count of color quantities per model?  I know there have been lots of thread topics over the years since BMW did not track color quantities.  

I realize it would only pertain to cars in the registry however as a percentage of cars the numbers might be indicative.  It might also serve to bring more people into the registry if they knew you were tracking that sort of data.  Of course it’s only as good as the data entry.  So there might be some challenges there.

Just a thought.  Love this thread.  Of course my battleship grey weighs high on my personal fav.

Jeff

20200713_134552_resized.jpg

Bristol, Jeff?

Alas, there’s simply too few Archives-documented colors in the Registry to provide meaningful, rather than misleading, conclusions.

But that’s why we’re trying to build up the Registry, and get owners to request their cars’ data from Archives — and, yes, Archives is closed until the end of 2021 for moving/reorganization, making the process even more challenging. But, yes, I agree with you: if we had more in the Registry, we could start opining on the popularity, or at least the survivability, of the various colors!

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

18 hours ago, Conserv said:

Bristol, Jeff?

Alas, there’s simply too few Archives-documented colors in the Registry to provide meaningful, rather than misleading, conclusions.

But that’s why we’re trying to build up the Registry, and get owners to request their cars’ data from Archives — and, yes, Archives is closed until the end of 2021 for moving/reorganization, making the process even more challenging. But, yes, I agree with you: if we had more in the Registry, we could start opining on the popularity, or at least the survivability, of the various colors!

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

Yes, Steve, my car is an original 1969 Bristol 2002 I purchased from the original owner as a barn find.  At least that was the condition when I got it having had sit for many years in his backyard.  Interestingly enough the dealer invoice he gave me with the paperwork from 1969 simply stated it as Grey.  I guess times were simpler back then.  I agree with you about the registry comments, I hope we can get more adoption over time.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 69Bimmer02 said:

Yes, Steve, my car is an original 1969 Bristol 2002 I purchased from the original owner as a barn find.  At least that was the condition when I got it having had sit for many years in his backyard.  Interestingly enough the dealer invoice he gave me with the paperwork from 1969 simply stated it as Grey.  I guess times were simpler back then.  I agree with you about the registry comments, I hope we can get more adoption over time.

Jeff

I wonder how many original Bristol 2002's are on this site since its mainly an older color.  Here is my 1970 with November 1969 build date. and I defeinitly love the old pastel colors.

SmallSize.jpg.1e38461b19f88f1aa50efe67ac

Edited by mtriple
  • Like 4

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im