• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 BMW 1600 Sold in Beverly Hills

Milo

Poor thing....the "storage" it's been sitting in for the past 15 years (per the ad) must have been an open carport with a dirt floor next to the ocean.  That rust is definitely "salt air" (vs road salt) pattern rust.  The decent original interior is all that's salvageable.  Looks to be overpriced by a factor of ten--or even twenty.

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Pretty entertaining, they had a while back a '69 911s (for what price I don't recall), the floors and other were so bad they were literally holding the car together with a couple of ratchet straps.  Anything is restorable of course, just depends on how much time and money you have.

2 hours ago, rstclark said:

Check their inventory  They’re notorious for junk

I’ve been there … fascinating place. Inside the multiple, connected buildings are thousands of vintage European and US muscle cars. Many are rough, and some - well - they seem to have no lower limit to what they will buy and sell. (Better there than the crusher, I believe.) It’s an example of capitalism plus a layer of used-car-dealer-salesmanship -> if they produced a YouTube channel, they’d make bank.

That said, a patient, informed buyer can find what they’re looking for (I had a customer find a 2000CS in surprisingly-decent-and-low-rust condition). -KB