• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAT ..... '74tii for sale by Jack Fahuna

OriginalOwner

If it weren't for a certain Alpina racecar languishing in my garage, I would have taken this one down.  So much upside in this one regardless of the direction you go (Euro bumpers, paint, interior, wheels ......).  High quality silver paint on any German car is awesome - pure IMO.  Of course crappy or mediocre silver (Polaris.....) is what it is, but then, Ceylon, Inka, Golf or any of the others don't look that great either if they aren't high end.  Average paint is average paint regardless of the color.  Anyone that has ever had a tii knows how much you can spend (TIME and money) to get one right.  More than one tii owner out there that thinks their Tii is 'dialed in' doesn't even realize that it isn't.  The difference between the two is significant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markmac said:

More than one tii owner out there that thinks their Tii is 'dialed in' doesn't even realize that it isn't.  The difference between the two is significant.

I had a hunch mine wasn't right -> I took it to Bill Holmes at Bavarian Rennsport two weeks ago, he made it sing. (Bill's a racer, shared some good track stories, too.)  -KB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Autostrada said:

If you still have the small 1600 drums, upgrade to the larger 2002 drums. It's all you really have to do to feel a quite a difference. Don't go all out on the front without addressing the rear. First the rear and then the front if you feel compelled to do so. But, remember, you're increasing weight with all of this. The 1600cc feels every extra pound. 

I have a 2.0L and 5 speed w/LSD. My plan was to do E21 single circuit calipers up front for now. Maybe I'll investigate bigger drums soon too. 

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167