• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$695 for License Plate Lights ?

Milo

The sellers in Germany, those guys often have an over inflated sense of value and what Americans will pay for stuff.

But I agree, rediculous ask price. Worthy of your wrath. Just sent an offer of $50, maybe that will deflate his  silly notions.?

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Sorry, but this is bullshit. College students need a dodge colt or a ford fiesta or a Subaru whatever in the 1980's. Driving a 356 to college was not normal in the 1980s either. Your rants are growing tiresome.

A.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

2 hours ago, Autostrada said:

computer techies

And what is wrong with an IT guy owning an 02? so when I was a sparky it was ok but I shoulda sold it when I went into IT????

Man I gotta get all my old bits out of the loft and see what treasure I have… but the hoarder of shite in me will not let me part with my rusty seized parts….. I know what I have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Asking prices only tell you what something has not sold for.  Go to that seller's "sold listings" and you'll see what people have been willing to pay for parts.  There are a couple of these little ivory  starter button switches that sold for $325 and $345 recently.  Must be real ivory.  (not that I give a sh!t)  Tom

Image 21 - VINTAGE  IVROY  ***** START BUTTON ***** PORSCHE 356 PRE A ***** PORSCHE 356 A

• Haha 1

Back to the license plate lights--Maxmillian has reproduced 'em for a fraction of that German e-bay price.  I saw a set at Vintage and other than not having the Hella logo molded into the plastic, they're perfect reproductions.

Guess the time to make a killing on license plate lights is waning fast...

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

13 hours ago, Autostrada said:

I've been contributing to this board since 2005. 99.9% of  my posts have nothing to do with complaints and "Rants". But, recently I have started complaining and focusing on the exponential increase in prices relating to these cars and associated parts. 

We've noticed.  Once was enough.  Please move on.  Perhaps Steve can get you a section in Services like Hack Mechanic.  Have a great day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

This high price tactic is something eBay sellers use to avoid having the auction end while they are away & then having to pay relisting fees, or something like that - it's been around for years.  I've never sold on eBay so may have some details wrong.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif