• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runs lean on right hand turns - ideas?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Have a Weber 38/38 - just cleaned out a few thousand miles ago - new gaskets, float was OK. After putting in new valve seals and head gasket was running rough - new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil - you know all the stuff. Fixed problem but now it backfires pretty bad on right hand turns when giving it gas - just around the town driving. What kinds of things should I be looking for? I'm assuming clogged gas jets in the bowl or leaking float... I didn't try to mimick the symptoms in left hand turns - drove it home last night for my wife from park&ride - all right hand turns. Oh yeah - it does kind of run a little rough in part throttle conditions - 2nd or 3rd gear - 20-30mph slow cruising. It doesn't backfire when I hit the gas in a straight ahead situation. Any ideas???

Guest Anonymous

My first guess would be that your float level are incorrect and you don't have enough fuel in the bowl. When you turn you are causing the fuel to slosh and the engine to run lean. This could also cause rough running at various points in the range.

Guest Anonymous

those guys get paid lots of money to drive really fast and they have millions of fans- any disparagment of their accomplishments smacks of SNOBBERY- a classic probelm of BMW owners. i for one am really tired of the narrowmindedness of people who have never driven a winston cup car for money.

out

robert

Guest Anonymous

Narrow mindedneses? Can you explain to me how NASCAR can be qualified as racing? It's purely a show - that's all and it's fact, not opinion. Racing is putting a bunch of cars on the track and not bothering them until the end to see who wins. NASCAR does everything it can to keep them from actually *racing* so the so-called race fans can have a big show instead of watching the beauty of a skilled driver battle it out with others. Putting cars on a track with no elevation changes, no hard braking, and only left hand turns and then constantly throwing yellow flags to keep the field bunched up is not racing. If that's what satisfies you then that's fine... if you are tired of "narrow mindedness" then I guess I am too.

Guest Anonymous

started to write a long message then i thought why bother-if disrespecting oval track racing makes you feel better, vaya con dios

robert