• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are early and late 2002 emblems different? (more)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

the very early cars 67-early 68 had a very small rased emplem above the right hand light and next two the script. the base of the pemblem is a bit larger then a quarter. The next stage was the emblem being moved to under the light and to the left, 1/2 dollor size. The third emblem was on the rear deck lid (74-76). big and ugly.

this progression was made to help americans and there poor eye sight. JK

Hope this helps.

Sam Schultz

Guest Anonymous

I don't have two to compare, but it seems to me that the later 2002 emblems would have to be different because the back of it has a slight curve to match the body panel. The early ones mount lower on the panel where its flat. Anybody have details? I don't even know if the mounting tabs are the same.

Dan

Guest Anonymous

I found another emblem that I think is from a '72 era car and compared it to the other one I already had. They are identical in size except that one has a curved back and the other is completely flat. Are you sure the later emblems (74-76) are bigger than the early ones (69-73)? Doesn't look like they're interchangable anyway.

Guest Anonymous

a flat one is for mounting on the tail pannel. the curved one is for the rear deck lid. If you would like me to I can email you pics off all three types on monday.

Sam