• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thoughts on the bangle thing.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sent Dad, fellow BMW/Brit rorty things/racecar/sportscar/engineering nut (who also bought an '02 new), the link where Bangle walks into a bar.

This is what I got back. Pretty much puts it the way I see it.

"Pretty funny.

Yeah, I keep thinking that the new look will bomb and as the Mini's sales take off BMW's sales will take a beating. As the new style permeates the model line, with the company's future in the balance, they go back to what saved their ass the last time and build a low key, sensible, great handling car that is fast to boot and hip because it is all those things and introduce a whole new generation to the joys of cars that give you more than what you bargained for.

They just don't get it. I'm really only waiting for them to screw the Mini into an unrecognizable marketing shadow of it's original self.

Yeah, the guy is a definite cheese."

Yup, I tend to agree.

-Sam

'76

Guest Anonymous

I was unimpressed with the initial photos and NOT won over when I checked one out at a recent car show... but when I saw a new 7 drive by (35-40mph) on the street a few weeks ago I found that I actually liked the styling. Its hard to admit, but I think the styling works when the car is in motion. Maybe its just destined to be a great 50/50 car.

That said, I still wish they would build a 2002 replacement... someone at BMW should go get a nice '91 Nissan Sentra SE-R and think about what's there (and what isn't). If BMW had made a competitive rwd car for $15 in 1991 I would have bought it.

Karl

'73 tii the original

'02 WRX go fast, no gizmos

ex-'91 SE-R almost a 2002