• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY my door panels?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Being a proud DIY guy (DIY meaning broke ass!) I

was wondering about R&R on my door panels.

The vinyl is good but the PO let (among other

things aforementioned) the doors leak and the

boardbacking is puffy as hell in the corners. Can I

remove the vinyl, cut some masonite template and

re-wrap them? I guess re-wrapping is my concern.

(I just got a little skeered after that seeing that set

up to $400 on eBay)

TIA,

Brent

'71 Saharusty

Guest Anonymous

I did my door panels. 1/4" masonite, trace the pattern and cut. I put some chalk from a chalk line box on the regulator handles, lined up the edges carefully and pushed the masonite against the door to mark the spot. I used a small bit and just sequenced the holes. On this, slow and steady wins the race. I used a closed cell foam instead of plastic. I hoped it would help quiet it down. Who knows? Wrapping the panels was interesting. I used double sided carpet tape, make sure you get all the old gunk off the skin. I then used spray adhesive on the rest of the panel. Once I had it when it wanted me I used a bomber staple gun to secure and wonder of wonders I didn't go thru the front of the panel. The plastic clips I got from BMW were to short for my door in most places due to the foam. Honda sells some a bit longer. Good luck!

Guest Anonymous

I have put the viynle pices in in my car with the spray mount and it isn't gonna come off anytime soon. Kinda like contact cement spray on both sides they dry to tac and stick it.ALso pliobond is a good one but its only alva. in brush on.

Austin

Guest Anonymous

I've done my rears by stapling them and stuff because I couldn't find the 3M spray stuff. Please let me know where I can get it, thanks

Bryan

red73