• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly Trans mount? Adittional motor mounts?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was looking at a poly-ure trans mount and was wondering if I could use that with rubber motor mounts like stock ones? I know that with the big v-8 cars around hear peolpe put a turnbuckel on the frame to the motor to eleminate beaking motor mounts. I have heard that the TEP brace will breck the studs off for valve cover. but Also how do people brace the sub-frame to prevent that from going down the shitter.

Ideas are welcome

Austin, Creator of Frankenstein Bimmers

muhahaha haha

Guest Anonymous

As you said, the drivers side subframe at the motor mount location should be reinforced. It doesn't take a lot of metal to do this. A little welded in the right place and no worries of metal failure. TEP brace is junk, I own one. Best motor dampening idea so far is the Urethane motor mounts being made by Ireland Engineering. These things are very nice. Also a 320 tranny mount will work with an 02, with a little modification to the hole in the chassis. This mount has more mass to it.