• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strut tower spacers

SplitDash

One can argue that M05, M15 et. al. are all derived from the M10 "family" of motors. 

One can't argue that the E10 represents all 2002's.

Well one could argue that, but they'd be WRONG!

:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

One can argue that M05, M15 et. al. are all derived from the M10 "family" of motors. 

One can't argue that the E10 represents all 2002's.

Well one could argue that, but they'd be WRONG!

Technically the M10 is derived from the earlier motors. ?

Let me put it this way;

If someone asks a 1600-2 owner if they have an M10, if the engine is original they generally reply "yes" not "no, it's a 1.6." Likewise, if someone uses the term "E10" to refer to a roundie, it's wrong and annoys those of us who skew a bit pedantic, but we all know what they mean. 

For me "E10" is much more convenient to type than "square tail" or "Modell 73."

As you know, the problem with your typing "E10" is that the unwashed masses will assume all 2002s are E10s and ape your nomenclature.

Of course that's not *your* problem,

• Like 1

Ray

21 minutes ago, ray_ said:

As you know, the problem with your typing "E10" is that the unwashed masses will assume all 2002s are E10s and ape your nomenclature.

Of course that's not *your* problem,

Yes, of course, my correct use of the term is going to be the tipping point and not the fact that it has been vomited all over the internet by every merchant desperate for another keyword and every hipster with nothing substantive to say. ?

18 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Yes, of course, my correct use of the term is going to be the tipping point and not the fact that it has been vomited all over the internet by every merchant desperate for another keyword and every hipster with nothing substantive to say. ?

I'm glad you realise that.

• Haha 1

Ray

12 hours ago, NickVyse said:

Just spoke to a mate in the UK whose messed with these cars more than me (my '74 didn't have them when I bought it) and he confirms all the square light cars he's seen had them and would have said 20mm rather than 12, which is what these look like.

Learn something every day (if only I didn't forget two)

I have two -76 1502's and have taken apart couple of them. Not one of them had spacers, also the bolts of the strut bearings were short ones. Must be market related.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!