• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY sport seats in BMW 2002 - cheap and good looking

BMW02_Fan

On 11/14/2021 at 7:39 AM, irdave said:

That's an interesting thought.  I wonder how close the '76 '02 seat is to a '77 320...

Edit; and no.  $452 per pad.

The 1975-76 ‘02 seat IS an e21 seat. The pads are interchangeable.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, irdave said:

@popovm@Dudeland

Alright, got the driver's side in.

Me; 5'11", 195, used to be pretty athletic, long torso.  The seating position in my car has been seriously modified, to the extent that my pedals hang instead of pivoting on the floor, so my position in the car is not stock, at all.  Sunroof car.  I usually wear L or XL shirts, depending, but a loose fit.  My car is set up rather sporty, and I drive it that way.

The seats totally fit in the car, no problem, and fit appropriately.  The base of the seat is narrow enough to get the seat on center with the steering wheel pretty easily.  They look good.  They are VERY similar in size to my Recaro LSC.

The foam is very firm, which I really like.  The seat, to me, is more comfortable than I expected.  Their 'lumbar' adjuster is maybe 4" higher than it should be?  But adjusting it does make the seat more comfortable.  The Sparco slider is about an inch tall.  This has my head really close to the roof.  Like less than an inch away.  *Just checked against my stockish passenger side- I have about 2-2.5" to the roof, so the chair is plus an inch or 2 from a stockish seat, wherever that puts you.  I really need to get rid of my sunroof.

I find the seat to be a little wide in the torso, which is surprising because very few seats are wide enough- so there's some room here.  The seat isn't 'pinchy' at all, anywhere.

So, I'd say if you're a L to XL guy, these will fit nicely.  If you like being up in the car, again, I think these would be good.  For me to keep them, at a minimum, I'd have to ditch the sliders and maybe remove the stock seat mounts on the chassis- which isn't the end of the world, but I don't know that I feel like doing that right now. 

On the whole, I think they're a nice seat, and they look nice.  But I think I'm going to stick with my beat up Recaro for the time being.  I'm going to go down and pull this back out.  Lemme know if anyone is interested in the pair- the other seat is still in the box, unopened, and this chair has about 15 miles on it and is coming back out.

That’s a great report! They sound like a decent option but the height doesn’t sound ideal. Maybe they would break in over time and give an extra .5” or so. Or maybe you needed to be fatter to squish down that padding more.  :D

Edited by popovm
  • Haha 3