• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorado Restoration of BAT '72 Tii

mac

Josh and Matt are part of 'Avant-Garde Collection' - a very upscale/high-end car broker in Portland OR.  Matt works as 'The Image Engine' photo and video services.  You may not be a fan but his style is a few opening "artsy" shots and then a load of very good straight up shots with excellent lighting.  They operate as "@911r" on BAT and keep attracting excellent customer automobile examples to broker.  GLWTS!

https://www.a-gc.com/about

Just stunning, not overdone.

What’s really refreshing to see is the factory overspray on the floor pans and the spare tire well. Most restorers, whether professional or amateur, paint the entire underside a glossy factory finish which is visually appealing but not correct. Or, they’ll shoot the entire underside in bedliner or a similar product and leave it a matte black finish (CoupeKing comes to mind). 

Also, one rarely sees the diagnostic port on the valve cover in restorations-nice detail. The one glaring boo-boo would be the quarter window latches which are mounted upside down and consequently are each on the wrong side of the car???.

Even though the market has softened ever so slightly, I would expect and hope for this amazing example to bring top dollar.

• Like 2

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

1 hour ago, Leucadian said:

Good looking car, but expect the $10,000 - $15,000 "911r Premium"

Just goes to show you, if you ever list a car on BaT, enlist the help of someone with a decent camera, who knows how to take good pictures.  

It helps, ALOT.

Jack Fahuna’s Polaris ‘74 tii that was for sale recently is unfortunately a perfect example of how not to present a nice car. While some might’ve griped about the big bumpers and stamped steel wheels, it’s Polaris and is pretty nicely restored. I imagine that it runs flawlessly as it’s been under his care.

If I wasn’t in Norcal, I would’ve gladly shot his car for him. Perhaps next time if he decides to advertise it again?

• Like 2

It was on Ebay several times in 2019 by the orig Owner. It was also mentioned on the faq at that time and pics can be seen in the Faq Registry (2761327).

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/236647-1972-bmw%C2%A02002-tii/

Then bought by faqer Stein-man who I beleive did the resto.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yes, I recall. I was wondering what happened to it as it was such a prime candidate for a comprehensive, concours level restoration.

2 hours ago, 02Les said:

Then bought by faqer Stein-man who I beleive did the resto.

Yup.  Saw the car in near completed state.  It's a beauty.

• Like 2

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

11 hours ago, jimk said:

Yup.  Saw the car in near completed state.  It's a beauty.

Oh yeah.  I'd say we more than saw it; didn't we get it running?  And sorted out that short to the turn signal.  Nice car.

• Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Thank you Jim and Dave for coming forward.  I'm sure your input, knowledge and expertise were greatly appreciated. 

And now to answer the initial question:  Name of the shop that did the work.  ??.

Mac