• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any ingenious front hood trim packaging for shipping ideas?

BarrettN

I may be getting the cart before the horse here, but I want to have everything ready in case should it turn out that I actually have tracked the embossed front hood trim for my 67. I haven't seen pictures yet from the guy who claims to have it, but assuming it is - has anyone come up with a good solution for packaging the front hood trim for shipping?

thanks,

Barrett

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

All good suggestions but I would not trust  those responsible for handling the piece during shipping of such a delicate and valuable piece.

If the depth of the trim is suitable fit into a hard covered tube then  that is the ticket but if the piece is not able to fit then I would suggest you fashion a box made from 1 x 2 screen moulding, or 2x2 , skinned with 1/4 plywood. Granted in may be overkill and a bit more expensive but offers for piece of mind and protection of the trim piece.

Sorry if this is highjacking or bad etiquette but I must know, in one of my restorations years ago I acquired an o2 with this  embossed front trim there was some interest growing in this trim but I didn’t think it was a big deal. I sold for $300 and shipped in a pvc pipe from west coast to east coast   Has the price gone into the thousands? Should I be kicking myself……again?

Well, turns out it's the "stamped but not patterned" trim - not right for my car, but I'll get it. Maybe someone has the patterned trim that needs the smooth and wants to trade? Still trying to figure out the best way to ship it :(.

nose trim - not right for my car.jpg

• Sad 1

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii