• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

delete this post, please

OriginalOwner

7 hours ago, Henning said:

1988 Magnum

ha!!

So, to bring this back around a

to cars...

308 GTS

image.jpeg
though I prefer the wider, meaner, 288 GTO

image.jpeg

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

11 hours ago, zinz said:

340gr .44 Mag on right

650gr .577 Express on the left...when more attention is required ?

Ed Z

Holy shit Ed.

54 minutes ago, zinz said:

though I prefer the wider, meaner, 288 GTO

Don't we all?

• Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

11 hours ago, Henning said:

Or:

Magnum, p.i. (1988) – Legend of the Lost Art and Transitions – The Mind  Reels

All in all I vote for not deleting this post.

henn

We never do!

(well, unless Steve wants to, but then, it's his forum, so I guess if he's got something

against Mr Selleck, that's his own business.)

t

"Duck, Magnum, duck!!!"

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I sat in that car or a mock up of it anyway when the tram we were riding broke down next to it on a tour, very disappointing the car was stripped it only had a steering wheel and a cut down fiberglass seat just like the school chairs most of us sat in in the 3rd grade, it must have been used for background shots or some thing. 

image.jpeg

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

7 hours ago, zinz said:

It’s a hoot, but you do need a firm grip on it when it goes off. ?

I have to admit that while I was in the Army, I had a Taurus .454 Casull revolver.  Looking now, apparently you can use it for hunting buffalo.  Anyways.  My buddy wanted to shoot it.  So I load it up with .45 long colt, because it fits, and shoot it one handed, all 5 rounds.  Barely recoils at all, because .45 Colt is a freakin' kitten load.  Then I load it up with proper .454 rounds for my friend, and tell him to use 2 hands and not drop my damned gun.  Didn't realize it until thinking about it now, but I must have looked total legend at that point.  I used to be so cool. :laughing my head off emoji

• Haha 3

Dave.

I’ve had two funny/scary recoil incidents in my life.  

The first was a customer I took on a deer hunt at a high dollar lodge.  He borrowed my Tikka 7mm mag.  Just before dusk we heard him shoot, and went to pick him up.  He pulled the old “scope into the eyebrow” trick.  His face, shirt/jacket, and my rifle were covered in blood.  It was like a murder scene.  Scared the hell out of me when I first saw him.  I thought he’d managed to shoot himself somehow.  He needed a few stitches.  Turns out he’d lied about having ever hunted or shooting a rifle before.  To this day the memory of it makes me anxious.  I loaned the guy a pretty powerful rifle, and things could have gone a lot worse.  

The second was when a buddy let his girlfriend fire his pre ban full auto UZI.  She pulled the trigger and the gun immediately went up and to the right until she was firing about 30 degrees back over her shoulder.  Luckily she had the sense to let go of the trigger.  Luckily no one was hurt.  

After incident #2, I stopped spending time around inexperienced people  who want to shoot that didn’t grow up around guns.  

• Like 2

Yeah, my wife's first experience with guns was her old man giving her a 12 or 10 gauge shotgun when she was really young.  Mind you, she only weighs, maybe 110, 115 now.  He didn't help her at all, and laughed himself silly when it literally knocked her on her ass.  It took a bit to get her over that.  Fucking dickhead.  But now she prefers CZ pistols, the steel ones.  :)  (Now if only I could find a reliable source for primers...)

Edited by irdave

Dave.