• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Passing of Paul Winterton

joysterm

Heartbreaking. I loved Paul’s knowledge and his willingness to share, and his car was immaculate. I remember being at Wes Ingram’s shop years ago and seeing a pump that had Paul’s name on it, I thought it was so cool to be so close to something being worked on to go on that car. 

Feels like the sun is a bit dimmer today, but the stars are a bit brighter.

• Like 5

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy

Paul was a true enthusiast, passionate about his hobby (tii), and an all around great guy. Had many opportunities over the years to swap tips, parts, and ideas about our cars, the latest being how to increase the release pressure of our tii fuel injectors. He took that and ran with it of course, achieving 500+ psi per injector using the mind set and skill set, in my opinion, of a Swiss watchmaker. That was Paul. Pursued perfection and always with great photo documentation so the rest of us could emulate. Sorry you're gone Paul. Rest in peace.

• Like 4

1974 Verona 2002 tii

1974 Polaris 2002 tii (deceased)

Another loss, not only to the '02 community, but to all his other friends and family.  He was one of the '02ers I had hoped to meet someday, even though we were from (nearly) opposite ends of the country.  

Two of my high school classmates passed away in the last two weeks; i guess that's what happens when you get to a "certain age."  So cherish your friends now--and make new ones.

mike

• Like 12

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Just terrible news. I always enjoyed Pauls posts and was impressed with the quality of his work.

His work was one of the benchmarks  and inspired me to get in the garage and work on my 02.

Not more than a week ago I bookmarked his thread for a winter project.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/239727-refresh-vs-restore-subframe-rere-and-undercoating-long/#comments

Thoughts and Prayers for his family. 

Godspeed Paul

• Like 1