• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Passing of Paul Winterton

joysterm

I had the good fortune of getting to know Paul a little bit, and of buying the Tii engine he rebuilt himself. I plan to make sure the car that his engine goes into will be restored to his standards. This build thread for his engine is a testament to his passion, curiosity, and high standards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm shocked and really saddened by this news. Paul was of great help to me only recently, in fact just Saturday (three days ago) did I receive a backup of his injectors in the mail. His last message to me was that he couldn't get to restoring the original set I'd sent him as he had to take another damn trip to the hospital so he'd be sending me a set from his stash. I had no idea how severe his situation was and wished him a speedy recovery... I'll think of Paul when I drive my tii, his injectors took the performance of the motor to a level I hadn't been able to achieve through countless attempts by a well-known / regarded shop. RIP Paul, you were a quality gentleman. - Rich 

• Like 7

This is unfortunate news to come back to the FAQ and see ? I met Paul a handful of times and he was always a gentleman. He will be missed!

• Like 3

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Never met Paul in person, but had a few phone conversations with him over time as he refreshed four sets of injections for me over the last few years…his kindness Was obvious thur conversations, 

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

• steve k. unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

Just learned of his passing a few minutes ago out of a fluke as I was just going to call him and invite him to my husbands birthday party and was so looking forward to seeing him. I had known Paul for over 30 plus years atleast and being a musician myself we jammed and played music all the time for years and years.... he was such a good player and a joy to be around. Always in a good mood always kind, but after he got married my husband and I didn't talk or see  him as much... he came by my store to say hi from to time.. but when I closed it again we just didn't hang out like we used to but that is ok.. that happens, we had a great friendship, made incredible music.. he knew and played all my original songs like 60 of them! Paul was so talented musically and graphically and I also am a graphic designer  so we had lots in common.. and I loved his car as much as he did..? I remember it fondly.. he really knew about that BMW and spent so many hours working on it. sigh* ahhh he was one of my best friends for so long.. just a gem of a person as was his brother and mother also.. I wished he would have told me he was sick..  we were moving and I had not spoken with him for over a year I guess... I am very thankful I met him, he will always be my fondest memory the best person I ever met  in my whole life and I have tons of fantastic memories I will cherish forever.  I am heartbroken though,? I wonder where his beemer is now? MY sincere condolences to his family and wife Rochelle. Love ya Pauly! see you on the other side!   Lolo /Lauren xoxo

• Like 10