• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

esty

An investor who wants a superior restored car would rather spend the $110k  than to spend $50k on a half assed restoration and then finish the job.  The seller in this case did a superior job and should be rewarded.  Stop bitchin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Superior job? That is altered, not restored. Looks like a nice 80's style resto-mod to me. Sorry, don't see the quality or value. Why would someone in their right mind spend that money? You can buy a good real e30 m3 and a tii for the money that is being asked for a rather quirky nonsense build...Not to offend, I have quirks too, and someone's quirks might align 100% with this build...but its not that great to justify mass aknowledgement of their perceived "value " aka price. Yes, for the seller priceless, for some buyers worthless. I would be bothered by many details even if I craved a restomod.

• Like 1

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

1 hour ago, Oldtimerfahrer said:

Superior job? That is altered, not restored. Looks like a nice 80's style resto-mod to me.

Saw it in the flesh.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Yes, if we only knew then what we know now, we would all be millionaires, and many original owners would still be one.

Things we can control and things we can't and for the most part we cannot control supply/demand/prices.

If you obtained your 2002 years ago, consider yourself lucky sans the maintenance/parts cost. People want 2002's for good reason, and the end result is what we are experiencing now. 

If you love wrenching, you can find a car that is cheap and easy to acquire and find parts for. But most of the time who would want to drive one of those?

My friend wants to restore an IH pickup. I told him part prices look like they are already in the BMW 2002 range and approaching Porsche madness.. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

5 hours ago, jimk said:

An investor who wants a superior restored car would rather spend the $110k  than to spend $50k on a half assed restoration and then finish the job.  The seller in this case did a superior job and should be rewarded.  Stop bitchin.

Are you referring to the car originally posted on page 1?????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185192429702?hash=item2b1e543886:g:yW0AAOSwxOFhpjpX&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Just Y'All wait, if given the current trajectory of society and wealth transference-outside of the overdue extinction level event or some massive dystopian woke awakening where gasoline is outlawed and or cost $50 a gallon, We are all doomed so spend it if ya got it casue it aint gonna last! 

but what do I know. Ray? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

Cars were cheap when I was young. Now they're expensive, blah blah blah.

Gas was cheap I could eat lunch for a $1.25.  I went to a bar that had beer for a quarter a bottle.

Excuse me while I go out and beat my dead horse.  

I'm I doing it right. ?

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Haha 2

My main concern with this crazy 02 market is that I will not be able to afford what I would like when I go looking for my next 02, not to mention what the one after that is going to cost.  In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the hell out of my tii knowing that if I never get another one I will have been able to own and drive one of the greatest cars ever made.   

• Like 2

1974 2002tii Schwarz 

1973 Bavaria Sahara

1976 2002 Sahara once upon a time

I agree about all of it except the real estate-

you can always live in your house.

Which makes it intrinsically valuable.

t

would buy a horse, but have you priced hay recently?

Why, when I was a boy, it grew in the fields like grass!

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL