• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

esty

2.4 liters?

2.4 liters???

:D

Also, de-trimmed cars make me want to puke.

Just sayin'!

Edited by ray_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

34 minutes ago, ray_ said:

2.4 liters?

2.4 liters???

Just sayin'!

Geez, Ray, weren’t some S14s around 2.4L?

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

While I'm not at the point of selling my 2002 yet, higher prices are tempting. People are trying to diversify $ into hard goods again, and I'm such a budget nutcase that if I get the right offer I'd take it and move on to something else to tinker on. 

I personally, just don't have that "at any price" desire for "stuff". So I don't get it.

In other but similar news... I bought a Jeep Wrangler in 2017 for $25,000, drove it 45k miles and just sold it for $25,000.

So sometimes a crazy market works out.

(Granted it had some upgrades like wheels and bumpers... but those were paid for by insurance after an shiny happy person hit it while it was parked.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ray_ said:

2.4 liters?

2.4 liters???

Just sayin'!

Bore but no stroke?  But John's 2.7 crank?!  He said he's making over 300 at the tires or something? 350?

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Finally went and looked.  Why are there no pictures from under the car?  Is that a 120 km/h speedo?  Stock suspension, stock brakes?  It's still got the AFM, so if it bored it's still running the stock ECU, as no one in their right mind would use the AFM unless they had to, so does it run correctly?  Why did they write so few words about it?  What was done to the engine?  New clutch?  What flywheel?  265?  Tunnel chop?  LSD?  Those wheels are like 30 pounds each, with no tires...  Bet it rolls smooth, so much flywheel effect.  It's still got the stock tamper caps where you adjust the ITB's to balance them, so that hasn't been done- so, it probably can get better than it is.

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Dave, did you see an hp boast there? No way 300 hp is getting through this tailpipe!

$_57.JPG?set_id=2

And that a/c looks like a dtech job. Love the dash treatment. and door panels and....

$_57.JPG?set_id=2

Ray

Their other listings are interesting also.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/autosourcegroup/m.html?item=185192429702&hash=item2b1e543886%3Ag%3AyW0AAOSwxOFhpjpX&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

The $95k M6 has like half a million pics but none with the hood open. :D

Ray

Well, everything interesting automotively has been rising in price, if your dream was a 911 pre-g five years ago, you kick yourself when you look at the prices today...on the other hand there is overpriced nonsense like the ad here. The cost of restoring (or ruining as the case might be) has also risen q lot...what bmw charges for parts has risen a lot, what a good paint job costs today with top quality paint has risen a lot....When I look at catalog prices for tii's, the one's I see from classic data in Europe,  I don't think their exorbitant. A tii is valued at 45kEUR in an honest condition 2....not museum. When I look at a 911S north of 150keur, I still think the values of 2002's are ok. We have deviations,  prices called out with little bearing to our perceived value and some buyers who get real emotional and are willing to pay. I bought an E30 M3 recently, I wasn't happy about the price, but the car was good, it was local, pushed a lot of the right buttons (no leather, no a/c, eurospec grey on grey)....some might say I overpaid, but I dont have time to travel around and do comparison shopping...and its about emotions...so it was right and available and the money was there earning no interest...I don't get excited about stocks and other stuff, but a nice BMW fills the bill....

• Like 4

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight