• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 2002 original owner

74Schatz

Bought this car new from German Motors, San Francisco and am considering selling it.  Car was moved to Colorado in 1984, driven during summer until 1990 and then stored until 2019 with 43,013 original miles. Dan Q. went through the car at his Elizabeth, CO shop, replaced brakes, brake lines, fuel lines rebuilt carburetor.  Original Michelin XAS tires were replaced at that time.  Horizontal paint surfaces show their age.   200 miles have been added since.  Any suggestions on how best to find an interested buyer would be appreciated.

Thanks, DaveD3A49035-772A-444C-9C4F-9A757C03D9A1.thumb.jpeg.271fa3f4c8dd7bbf6355b71d5bc3499f.jpeg

• Like 5

Dan Q. gave us some previews of this exceptional car. It’s beautiful! (I’m not 100% impartial as I own a Polaris ‘76 I purchased new.)

Although Bring a Trailer (a.k.a., BAT) requires extensive photos and the patience of Job to deal with questions and comments — many legitimate but some simply idiotic — I suspect your car would do very well on BAT.

I’d recommend you give it some consideration.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thank you all for your prompt responses.  Dan suggested I look at "Bring A Trailer" and I will.  Here's two rather inferior photos of the engine compartment and trunk with flooring removed during cleaning.  Interior upholstery, carpet, dash and cocoa mats are original.86E72D3D-54FF-4A23-8DAD-848F9FCEFCE6.thumb.jpeg.606e644508509b738b43742953552d66.jpegE314B011-A463-4BD2-9975-D0271E20147E.thumb.jpeg.5a1a4c56561902708a623b9dfe127500.jpeg

• Like 2

Original owner.  Low miles.  Very desirable.  I'm partial to this one because I have a '74 Polaris 02, about 80,000 miles.  I'm sure lots of folks on this forum would be interested, but if you want to maximize your return, perhaps BAT is the place.  There are some real 2002 experts who will comment there and a bunch of alleged experts.  You'll need a couple hundred photos.  Any original docs will help.  Metallic paints in that era, especially silver, deteriorated quickly. 

So sad that it was stored for 29 years. Remember that your BMW is the ultimate driving machine, not the ultimate garage queen.  Think of all the smiles you could have had while driving it....  It will bring a pretty penny on BAT. 

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Appears to be very nice.  Agreed with BaT for the most money. I would drive it a bit and then fix all the little minor stuff.

Good photos go a long way for sure even if you had to pay someone to shot them.

Read four or five of the good BaT sale listings to see what your in for. Also read a bunch of the ones that sold low or didn't 

make reserve to see what people point out about the cars. 

While a little work to sell on BaT I think the car would do well, squaretails seem to hot right now. 

Good Luck with it.  

In no hurry, so if any restoration projects would like photos, I'd be more than happy to help out.  Practice would probably do me some good.  

Car is just as it came from the factory.  Windshield was replaced while we were in the Bay Area and I bought a new rear muffler from German Motors, SF and installed it myself.  While at the King Tut exhibit in Golden Gate Park (1979), passenger wind wing was broken, Blaupunkt radio/deck was stolen and console was damaged.  German Motors did the repairs.  Other than that, it was just what Danny did and my periodic oil changes and tune ups.

• Like 1