• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna A Pillar Mount

BGB

I recall mounting an antenna on my 71 and had a couple of the mounting brackets.  My antenna has the rectangular lower mount as opposed to the round mount style and what i found was there are at least two different styles/sizes of the bracket based on the diameter of the antenna. It would be helpful if you describe the antenna you have including the diameter so  you dont end up with a bracket that doesnt fit. 

I'm not sure the antenna i have on the 71 is from an early car or later car or just one of those things the factory used until they ran out then grabbed another batch and used them.

GH

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

24 minutes ago, 71bmr02 said:

I recall mounting an antenna on my 71 and had a couple of the mounting brackets.  My antenna has the rectangular lower mount as opposed to the round mount style and what i found was there are at least two different styles/sizes of the bracket based on the diameter of the antenna. It would be helpful if you describe the antenna you have including the diameter so  you dont end up with a bracket that doesnt fit. 

I'm not sure the antenna i have on the 71 is from an early car or later car or just one of those things the factory used until they ran out then grabbed another batch and used them.

GH

The antenna I will be using is the rectangle shaped lower mount. I do not have the round base style. Ill have to grab my caliper at the office tomorrow to get the diameter 

the antenna shaft at the mounting bracket point on my 71 is app .335 in. dia.  i have a mounting bracket which may be for the round base antenna and it measures app .24 inches id. It came off one of my parts cars but I cant recall which antenna it was with.

Gale H.

71 2002 daily driver

70 2002 malaga (pc)

83 320i (pc)

• 2 weeks later...