• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering OEM Parts From The BMW Website

I've successfully placed an number orders from the parts.bmwnorthwest.com website in the last year since I acquired my 75 2002.  For some reason, the last three that I have placed have been cancelled by them saying that everything I have ordered is no longer in inventory, even though it shows it being in inventory on their website.  I have placed calls and left messages with no response.  

Is anyone else having the same issue?  I panic to think that I can't get all of the little bits that are available only from BMW.

There are other BMW dealers selling online that you can easily find.  Also, I've had very good luck many times over just going to the local BMW dealer.  I just give them the part number from RealOEM and they'll tell me over the phone if they can get it.  Amazingly, where I live the parts usually arrive in one day - sometimes the same day.  They have a daily delivery from a warehouse that's not so far away. 

They might be telling you its NLA (no longer available) and not explaining that correctly to you. That means BMW has decided, in its infinite wisdom, that they've stopped making that part. The dealer has access to that info. There are also parts that are not at a dealer, anywhere in the world, not at AG (Germany) either and also not listed as NLA. In those cases, the part could still be made and become available, if there is sufficient demand. Again, dealer knows this. I'm not sure if there is a warehouse in/near the PNW but I know in northern CA, the warehouse is located in Stockton, CA. Normally, if the ordering dealer is not too far away and warehouse has the part,  its usually in the next day. In So Cal, the warehouse is in Redlands, CA. If it has to come out of another warehouse, from somewhere else in the US, then it might take 2-5 business days. If you're really unlucky, and the part has to come from AG, then the dealer needs to order the part as a VOR (vehicle off road) or "critical" status or it will take 6weeks/months for part to arrive. Also, find out if dealer charges "extra" for "critical" orders. There are many reputable aftermarket new/used parts houses and even used parts sellers on this FAQ. Reach out and give them a try. As I have done in the past, a 12pack of a parts person's favorite quaff doesn't hurt either.    

I used the  Real OEM Website for part numbers and prices, I went to my local dealer and ordered everything, sometimes it took up to 6 weeks but they tried to give me 20% or as much off as margin enabled 

the parts manager definitely became my friend 

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

I have been using getbmwparts.com for genuine parts for over a decade and their website is very up to date on NLA parts. I use their website to cross check the part #'s to see what is actually available and how much the cost is now. They are a dealership in Maryland. Some dealers (including the ones that sell online) will not order parts that have to come from Germany and just cancel your order. Getbmwparts will order anything that is not NLA and is not a euro part only (they will need the proof of euro model ownership to order euro parts). Parts from Germany will take time, now it could be up to a couple of months. You can always contact them and check the availability of the part and to see if it has to come from Germany.No affiliation, just a happy customer.  

Max

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max L said:

I have been using getbmwparts.com for genuine parts for over a decade and their website is very up to date on NLA parts. I use their website to cross check the part #'s to see what is actually available and how much the cost is now. They are a dealership in Maryland. Some dealers (including the ones that sell online) will not order parts that have to come from Germany and just cancel your order. Getbmwparts will order anything that is not NLA and is not a euro part only (they will need the proof of euro model ownership to order euro parts). Parts from Germany will take time, now it could be up to a couple of months. You can always contact them and check the availability of the part and to see if it has to come from Germany.No affiliation, just a happy customer.  

Max

What he said.

Dennis

BMW NW is the Tacoma dealership- they've traditionally been really supportive

of older cars, from the 2002s to the PRO3 race group in ICSCC, regionally.

I wonder if they're having supply issues, or if there's been a 'management shakeup'...

t

mergers and acquisitions

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I like Maximillian a lot also. He will order from Germany and if part of the order is not available he adjusts the order without cancelling the whole thing. He also makes sure every part is individually identified in the box with the part number. Huge help if ordering lots of little widgets. 

• Like 3

I have heard today that the PDC`s are short staffed, which is a major logistics issue and that dealer personnel are only allowed to submit 20 part numbers daily to their PDC`s at least on the Southeast region. potential effects countrywide  However, tentative mid January for partial/full recovery. 

Edited by Mikesmalaga72
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If you need Euro only parts (like the rear foglight taillight assembly and two button switch for my E30), it's helpful to have a friend in Europe who can snag 'em for you, either new or used.  

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 12/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, Pdxguy said:

I like Maximillian a lot also. He will order from Germany and if part of the order is not available he adjusts the order without cancelling the whole thing. He also makes sure every part is individually identified in the box with the part number. Huge help if ordering lots of little widgets. 

maximillian is awesome for this stuff

• Like 1

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

On 12/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Mikesmalaga72 said:

I have heard today that the PDC`s are short staffed, which is a major logistics issue and that dealer personnel are only allowed to submit 20 part numbers daily to their PDC`s at least on the Southeast region. potential effects countrywide  However, tentative mid January for partial/full recovery. 

OK, I give in; what the ...... does PDC mean.

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PDC

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17