• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002tii w/ 5-speed, LSD, nearly complete spare engine

Rooncicle

Price: $18000

Description:

1974 tii with 5-speed and LSD conversion. Comes with a bunch of parts and a nearly complete spare engine (including Kfish pump).

pictures and inspection report

DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Paint is "malaga" - was repainted at some point and I believe it supposed to be Verona based on the VIN.

Minor rust in floor pans and back end of outer rockers (inner rockers are clean). Straight body, clean CA title. I stripped out the crappy e21 carpet the PO stuffed in there, removed the old sound deadening to repair the minor floor pan rust, rustoleum-ed the inside, and then installed new sound deadening + esty light brown carpet set. I installed the carpet set in such a way that it didn't require gluing it down, so if you want to replace the floor pans or do body work then you can do so without ruining the carpet.

Repairs/improvements made since purchase: fluids flushed, diff resealed, e21 CSV modified to fit, new temp sensor, new refurbed alternator, new Tii mech advance dizzy w/ electronic ignitor, new OEM fuel pump & inline filter, shifter rebuild, timed/kfish rods/tuna can adjusted to BMW specs, nearly brand new Tono tires and alignment. new wooden door panel cards from Aardvarc Racing.

I installed power windows with a custom switch panel that replaced the cigarette ashtray. Still have stock components if you want to switch back. Also installed power locks - you just need to mount & plug in the receiver.

cosmetic:

- momo steering wheel

- e21 cloth recaros

- esty carpet set

- custom "dog platform" rear seat. still have the stock cloth seat which is in great condition, but due to the slant it was awkward for the pooch. can simply pull out and swap to original. 

Selling because I'm currently building out a Ford Transit and going nomadic by next summer. 

IMG_5555.JPG

Edited by Rooncicle
New information for potential buyers

Got a couple questions by DM, so thought I should add them here:

The engine appears to be in good condition - pulls strong, no blue/white smoke under load, no knocking, no discernible vacuum leaks, steady idle. It was dyno'd a couple years ago during a tune-up and everything looked good according to Ken at Motorspeed West in Santa Clara. That's who I take it to. Great shop and Ken is very, very knowledgable in 2002s. I also have paperwork for everything that's been done since I bought it. 

Not matching numbers, but the VIN is Tii. Not a frankenmobile. Spare engine is also Tii and it comes with the original Kfish pump.

Off the top of my head, without pulling the spare parts out of storage and in no particular order, here are details regarding the spare engine:

• needs new valves, rings, bearings
  • piano top pistons and cam are in good shape
  • doesn't come with a radiator fan
  • no air filter 
  • only 3 out of 4 of the tii injector lines (has all 4 injectors, but they need to be bench tested)
  • 2 csv's (stuck open)
  • tii dizzy in need of a rebuild - too much play in the shaft made it impossible to time properly
  • tons of bolts and nuts. If you were to rebuild this engine, you would have to make sense of where the go and what you would need to hunt down.

A non-exhaustive, from-memory list of spare parts that come with the car:

block w/ pistons & cam, head, kfish, timing chain, distributor housing, new coil + external ceramic ballast, oil pan, oil pump, oil pick up, oil distributor, fuel pick-up, water pump in good shape, 2 (i think) functioning warm up regulators, engine mounts, aftermarket fuel pump, a collection of gaskets, random relays. Unfortunately, the spare's head cover has a small crack where one of the bolts was overtightened, so it leaks a little oil at that point. I've wondered if you could just JB weld it, but I haven't needed it so I didn't do any research on the topic. I think I also have the old alternator, but again it's been a long time since I cleaned up and stored all the spare goodies.

An Ireland Engineering or some aftermarket clutch kit may have been installed - I'm not sure though. There's a pressure plate, clutch plate, alignment tool, and pilot bearing. That may be the aftermarket kit, or the aftermarket kit may have been installed and those are the replaced parts. I never took the time to investigate.

There's also an Ireland Engineering front strut bar installed.

Some pictures are available here: 

DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Sorry for the photos aren't brighter - I ran out of daylight and the garage has bad overhead lighting. I'll try to get some video uploaded soon. I'm going to have to switch from non-op and insure it before I can get it over to a shop for underside pics.

You'll see a plastic dash cover in one of the photos. I've got two of them and they are from DashKing. Not tii specific. I had originally planned on trimming to fit and then cutting openings for the seatbelt sign and tii clock, but neither dash quite fit in how I liked so I didn't attempt modifying them. Other than some trimming on the corners, they are "like new," but they aren't terribly high-quality to begin with. Take em or leave em.

I got the photos now

the dash doesn’t bother me   They are all cracked. They came from the factory that way. LOL.  My first BMW was a 74 Tii

Polaris blue with Navy interior. Many fond memories My favorite was always Malaga.

I’m likening your car
How  firm are you on the price  ?

What can you do ?

12 hours ago, Rooncicle said:

You'll see a plastic dash cover in one of the photos. I've got two of them and they are from DashKing. Not tii specific. I had originally planned on trimming to fit and then cutting openings for the seatbelt sign and tii clock, but neither dash quite fit in how I liked so I didn't attempt modifying them. Other than some trimming on the corners, they are "like new," but they aren't terribly high-quality to begin with. Take em or leave em.

I too am interested, yet apparently cannot dm.  Would you DM me? 

Thanks for the photos! 

SHINY PAINT CAUSES STRESS! 

.... At least that's what I tell myself to avoid painting a car. 

Hey everyone - added photos of paperwork and video of idling/the power windows. Some additional work that I forgot to include in my earlier post but that I was reminded of on the paperwork:

• New front pads and brake cylinders
  • Adjusted/repacked wheel bearings
  • Swapped out old drums with e21 drums
  • New tie rods, aligned steering
  • New CV boots