• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dear Santa...

LindrelT

I asked my wife for time… 2 kids, 5 and 2… Time is the enemy. I’m a teacher so I have a lot of vacation time and weekends but my kids and wife have all the same time off. And my daughter doesn’t sleep… like, at all. 

Dear Santa… Please fix it so I can dedicate 2 weeks of time to change the brake hardlines lines, new pedal box, install the new JBR aluminum Flywheel, sachs clutch kit, 5 speed, and exhaust… (stahl header and ansa sport exhaust…) 

And since I’m asking, maybe a week to drop the rear end and replace all the suspension bushings and seals in then diff etc…

So ya, dear Santa… I need 3 weeks. ?

Rocco

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

It would be awesome if Santa sent some elves to reinforce my crappy garage floor so I can get the lift in faster. Oh, and a set of epoxy floor anchors please?

Been a very good boy?

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

10 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

I asked my wife for time… 2 kids, 5 and 2… Time is the enemy. I’m a teacher so I have a lot of vacation time and weekends but my kids and wife have all the same time off. And my daughter doesn’t sleep… like, at all. 

Dear Santa… Please fix it so I can dedicate 2 weeks of time to change the brake hardlines lines, new pedal box, install the new JBR aluminum Flywheel, sachs clutch kit, 5 speed, and exhaust… (stahl header and ansa sport exhaust…) 

And since I’m asking, maybe a week to drop the rear end and replace all the suspension bushings and seals in then diff etc…

So ya, dear Santa… I need 3 weeks. ?

Rocco

HAHAHA!!!! 

I feel your pain. Time is the thing I always ask for and never seem to receive. I have 4 Kids (ages 11, 8, 5, 2) and time is very limited. I completed my 5 speed swap this past spring and it required several late nights working in the garage after the kids fell asleep. 

I want time as well... time to button up several of the smaller projects I have, and time to install my big brake kit and rear disc conversion. And of course time to enjoy driving the car!  

I will be interested to hear your thoughts about the Aluminum flywheel. I went with a lightened steel flywheel when I swapped in my five speed but in hindsight I wish I had installed an aluminum flywheel. 

Happy Holidays!

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, Squid's 02 said:

I will be interested to hear your thoughts about the Aluminum flywheel. I went with a lightened steel flywheel when I swapped in my five speed but in hindsight I wish I had installed an aluminum flywheel. 

Happy Holidays!

It’s a long story. I had one in the last car, and it was awesome! It just got to the sweet spot of the power band so much faster and was lots of fun! Can’t say that a lightens steel jobby would be any different as I have never driven one to compare. 

The reason for going aluminum on this project was completely different. It had a 200mm 1600 old style spring clutch, disc, and flywheel. On a 2.0L motor… Oh did I mention that it’s a 6 bolt crank??? JOY!!! All of the solutions I found to make the existing 6 bolt flywheel work with the new style diaphragm 228mm clutch were complicated and would have taken time…. And that’s what I’m short on already. 

So I ponyed up the dough and bought a 6 bolt Aluminum jobby from JBR… If you have any performance built into your motor I can honestly say that it’s a worth while expense. It’s just fun. Stock motor, ?‍♂️ Maybe put the $ into carbs…

Edited by RoccoGilroy
  • Like 1

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!