• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: '72 left and right front grills.

sort77

I'm in search of some driver and passenger side from grills.

I'm finally trying to undo all the damage that was inflicted on my car during a botched restoration. :(
The grills were broken and are missing slats. Sick of my car looking like its got missing teeth.

If you can help a girl out and make me less sad when I walk out to my '72 I'd much appreciate it. Let me know what you got.

I'd love some in great condition but pretty much anything whole will be an improvement.

In a pinch if you have a damaged drivers side grill  with straight middle slats I can cut out and use fashion back into mine that is something I'd consider.

Show me what you have and how much you want.

thanks!

7 hours ago, doober2002 said:

Hi. Are the grilles shallow or deep for a 1972? Thx, Pat.

Good question. I was told ‘72 have a shallow grill but I’m looking at photos right now and I’m not sure mine are shallow. Mines an early Jan 72 manufacture if that means anything. Either way, I’m going to go measure them in the morning. Do you have a set for sale?

Here (below) is a deep grille next to a shallow grille. Over the years, it appears that different suppliers manufactured the grilles and, thus, there isn’t a single measurement that describes all deep, or all shallow grilles.

I’d probably describe esty’s right grille — shown from the end — as shallow. But a view from slightly below, and compared to the photo I’ve posted, might clarify the style of esty’s grilles.

Regards,

Steve

5F4A4F8F-719D-461F-AB50-5E61B5AC55EE.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks everyone, not only did I track some down but got an education.

I’m now also doubly mad that the ding dong who painted my car also butchered my hard to find shallow grills. ? slowly undoing the damage one step at a time. I can’t wait for the day when I can just look at the car and not have my blood pressure go up. 

• 2 weeks later...