• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Pickup for oil pump m10

1975_bimmer

I have had my local engine builder sitting on my engine for 2 or 3 years because he can't find parts for the e21/e30 oil pump I bought from Ireland Engeneering to switch it to the 2002. Everything else with the engine is done.

Does anyone know where I can find a new OEM pump without spending $800+ or just a new pickup ideally since I already have the new e30 pump. I have a pretty clean used 2002 oil pump but I would rather use a new pickup if anyone has one available or knows where I can find one. I have tried asking my local German auto mechanics and they haven't been too helpful either. Thank you.

(I recognize this isn't a reply to your specific need ... and understand unsolicited input can be annoying.)

In my experience, a used and well-cleaned M10 oil pump pickup - combined with a new intermediate plate (BMW # 11411263218) - will get you within spec and your project moving forward. -KB

- not a German mechanic ... but wait, I am German as much as anything else, and I'm often a mechanic

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much. This is the info I needed. I'll order an intermediate plate and see if the pickup is in good enough condition and if not I'll see if my local shop can clean it up. I just want this project over at this point. It's been 6 years plus total just getting the engine together after so many issues with different shops and builders. Much appreciated! 

• Sad 1

You will need a pickup for a 2002 M10.  The pan is different for the e21 and so the pickup is different too and doesn't work with a 2002 pan.

If you have your old pump use that one.  Don't worry about the rub marks on it, the impeller will rub on the new intermediate plate (that was not on the original pump) and was added to take the rub so you don't have to get a whole new pickup.

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.