• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When was the last time you had it above 5000 rpm?

I'm still waiting for the roads to get better as all the salt/sand/brine solution and beet juice washes off. Then I'll see how things go. I'll shoot for 5800 rpm once the engine oil is at proper temperature.  Hope my motor remembers what it's capable of.

• Like 1

A nice sunny 5,000+ rpm SoCal morning on Horsepower Hill in Simi Valley.

This is looking at the eastbound on-ramp to the 118 Freeway at Kuehner Drive, and it is a very very steep uphill.  The picture is deceptive in that the google maps camera is 9 to 10 feet above the ground and the slope doesn't look very steep.  It is.

And the uphill just keeps on going and going for 2 miles to the top of the grade ...... an excellent location for 5,000+ rpm runs up the hill through the gears.

image.thumb.png.08ee36d49b53153dda5bc9cb83d766d8.png

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner
  • Like 4

Once the engine oil is up to temp, I try to wring out the engine of all of my cars to redline at least once or twice per drive, if not more. They are all sports cars, that is what they are designed for!

• Like 4

Chris A.

---'73 BMW 2002tii road rally car, '86 Porsche 944 Turbo track rat, '90 Porsche 944S2 Cab daily/touring car, '81 Alfa Romeo GTV6 GT car/Copart special, '99 BMW Z3 Coupe daily driver/dog car, '74 Jensen-Healey roadster 
---other stuff

2 hours ago, zinz said:

Same, but different... you get the picture 

FBE4C3A7-C3E3-47CE-829D-ADC7B55CD59E.png.1b1f7ee3f3b76ca33b9150d3f3d7a4fe.png

All I get is dirty looks from the wife, anymore.

Also, when I drive like that :D

:D

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Was watching some youtube stuff couple days back. Someone was driving a 2002 for the first time and just fell in love with it.

Commented the car was so simple yet so brilliant , you get road noise but not to much.

I thought  yeah he gets it alright.  The cars are so simple but such a joy to drive. 

• Like 1

The last time I had it over 5k, I was drag racing light to light with a Honda Civic. Inside the Honda Civic was a young mother with two kids in the back. One kid fast a sleep on the car seat, other eating his ice cream. Mom was sipping on her Starbucks listening to some soothing music probably. I was sweating like a monster in 100 degree TX heat and thought I could take on the civic. Oh well….come to think of it….I don’t think they were even trying, all the while I was risking my life redlining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2