• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automotive New Years Resolutions

Mike Self

Greetings and happy new year to all

I thought it would be appropriate to ask everyone what their 2022 resolutions for things automotive might be, looking forward to the remaining 364 days of 2022.  Not necessarily fixit jobs on cars, but activities, tool acquisition, garage space, etc etc.  

I'll start by vowing to finally take care of some minor-ish but nonetheless niggling problems on both my '02 (parking brake that won't hold, radio that quits in warm weather, reset timing so it doesn't ping even on premium), and on my 318is (inop antenna, finish wiring the rear fog light, reinstall OEM radio, power steering leak, install recently acquired LSD).  And plan to make both Mid America and Vintage this year, providing COVID cooperates...

With sufficient--and varied--replies, this should make an interesting column for April or May--then we can all see just how much we accomplished by mid-year.

TIA

mike

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have a ton of good stuff to install.  Kooglewerks header,Recaros,Panasports,new stereo plus a handful of little things.

I do want to attend Mid America with it and The Vintage also. Might take it on a quick trip to Mid Ohio for the IMSA weekend.

Would hope to do a couple of HPDE at Gingerman or Gratten Raceway.  We have talked about an overnight road trip to someplace unknown.  Just get in the 2002 and head out to where ever the road takes us.

• Like 2

Happy New Year, may all your troubles be phew!

The cars & I are all prepped & ready to go.

Hoping Mid-America '02fest happens.

Hoping The Vintage in Asheville/Hot Springs happens.

Hoping Monterey Car Week happens.

Hoping The Vintage at Saratoga happens.

Hoping the local events happen.

Hoping I can take it easy, like that will happen.

• Like 3

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

48 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

Happy New Year, may all your troubles be phew!

The cars & I are all prepped & ready to go.

Hoping Mid-America '02fest happens.

Hoping The Vintage in Asheville/Hot Springs happens.

Hoping Monterey Car Week happens.

Hoping The Vintage at Saratoga happens.

Hoping the local events happen.

Hoping ice cream happens!

Hoping I can take it easy, like that will happen.

:D

Fixed that for you! 

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

14 minutes ago, ray_ said:

:D

Fixed that for you! 

Hoping Ray fixing things happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

1. Get the Maxjax finished.

2. Get Rust Bucket on said lift and strip off all stuff in prep for disposal.

This ones priority even over Survivors re engine project. The wifes polite requests that I "do something" with it have taken on an ominous tone.?

3. Get Survivor on the lift and re engine, rework exhaust (so long Ansa).

• Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Install the original rebuilt engine into my Tii.  
Clean up the engine bay while It’s empty. 

Attend the Vintage 

Give my garage a thorough cleaning as I hope to be finished with my big projects. 

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Great idea for a thread!

Get my 02 into the paint booth so I can actually drive it. It's in pieces at moment (not many pieces but enough to make it difficult to drive).

Finish my daughter's '91 318iS (we are in final stages of complete mechanical/engine refresh, then it needs paint). Finish the 3rd Gen 4Runner (some de-rusting and then a full mechanical/engine refresh). + misc other car projects.

Clean the garage. I'm tripping on things at the moment. Not good.

Jason

Edited by JsnPpp
  • Like 2

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Ok, can I play?

Build the car stacker,

Put the E46 engine in the E30,

Build the FiP 2002 engine,

Go racing,

Finish the Land Cruiser,

Refurbish the camper

Go Camping (there are some nice race tracks to camp at)

Build the heated part of the barn,

and a lot of house things.

t

sitting on the couch by the fire

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'm planning (or hoping to) to take a solid week off work in March, to get everything ready for the season...I have two patients in intensive care, my 2002ti with an inoperable clutch (pivot pin, drop the tranny) and M3 E30 with emissions problems (replace sensors and regulators)...the only operable car is a E30 320i in post-op, that only needs door cards reassembled and an inspection sticker...I don't know if a week will be enough, but I'm ordering parts in advance to be prepared....boyscout thing....

• Like 2

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight