• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Is it true you can buy absinthe in Canada?(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My friend who is french bring back this stuff every 6 month and he gives me a botle sometimes.

That is a heavy stuff. Yo dont need to drink a lot of this and you are already in coma.

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

My friend bring to me some local fabrication stuff, he also gets some homemade eau de vie and some génepy, i prefer the last one. Its close to Chartreuse.

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

I still have a bottle that my grand father found in 1948 in a wall he was tearing down. That bottle was hidden in a wall so that the German occupation forces would not steal it. That Calvados must certainly have been made in the 1930s. It is brown, tastes the oak wood barrels were it was fermented, smell apples and ranks at around 70°. I have another bottle that is harsher at around 85°. We are not allowed to import that stuff in Canada though. But I had my ways. My grand fater's brother used to moonshine some of that stuff too.

Guest Anonymous

or none at all. this is supposedly the "hallucinogenic" ingredient. absinthe from Czech is also "fake"

i'm using lots of quotes because a friend of minne ventured further north, and east, in search of the green fairy. he said even with a high thujon content, he didnt feel any effects aside from being real drunk (most version of absinthe are 80 proof or more) he did note some sense of "clarity" when he was under the influence, but he said had he been only in search of this drink, he woulda been disappointed. "tastes like caustic gin"

cant say i have any 1st hand experience but there you go!

Guest Anonymous

theres plenty if do it yourself kits on the internet, there really easy and pretty quick. I get one that takes three weeks and is better than the stuff my brother brings back from spain