• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA '76 smog parts wanted

abelin23

Poor unfortunate soul in California with a '76, i have 1/3 electromagnetic valves (not sure which one red, black, white). 

I have the air pump, exhaust manifold (probably non thermal reactor), and "factory" aircleaner. 

I think my EGR and other large canister for the exhaust work or i at least have them. 

For the time being, i want to try to smog it and get it running until i can leave california (probably next 5 years) and remove the equipment and pass on to the next poor soul in california.

I have most of the smog equipment if not all of it, but I'm trying to figure out either how to make it idle smooth and hope that when i smog the car the technicians won't really understand what they're looking at. I'm pretty confident that it'll pass if it's running smooth. Or attach all of the smog equipment properly and pass it that way.

Long story short: looking to buy california relays maybe thermal reactor exhaust manifold, and i believe there's another valve but i honestly am not sure where it goes

I know I have a thermal reactor ad other smog equipment but you know more than I do! If you'd like, I can take some photos this afternoon.

Where are you located? Asking because the folks at La Jolla Independent often deal with this problem.

Let me know,

Rich

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth

These images might help you figure out what you need (or do not have). NOTE: These are not my images, just ones I have collected for good information.

Good luck with making it run smooth. I may have some of those electromagnetic valves sitting in one of my boxes. Will have to look.

1976 2002 wiring 1.jpg

1976 2002 wiring 2.jpg

1976 2002 wiring 3.jpg

1976 2002 wiring 4.jpg

1976 2002 wiring 5.jpg

Edited by Mike87
  • Like 2

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

On 1/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, RFord888 said:

I know I have a thermal reactor ad other smog equipment but you know more than I do! If you'd like, I can take some photos this afternoon.

Where are you located? Asking because the folks at La Jolla Independent often deal with this problem.

Let me know,

Rich

I'm up near Mojave in ridgecrest, it's pretty far from LA Jolla, but if I'm on vacation near San Diego I wouldn't mind stopping by to pick up some parts or ask questions, and as for smog equipment you have, sure! 

I think the images Mike attached will actually help figure out what I've got, although the bad/confusing part is I think my 2002 came with a weber 32/32 so there may be some differences