• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Mine/No Association. 1971 Ti in Windsor, Ontario Canda

Dudeland

Could be steep, could be cheap. Depends on the details! But a one-family-owner ti — which may or may not have the original engine, seeing that ambiguous “new rebuilt engine” language — is generally more valuable than a comparable tii.

Obviously, rust and the completeness of the parts play critical roles in the value. And it’s got new paint, but was that completed 6 months ago and still perfect, or has it been sitting in a garage, under sleds and skis, for twenty years, and you’ll need to re-paint it?

Thanks for posting it here, for us “no-Facebook types”!

At minimum, it appears to come with two BWA rims, one late OEM alloy, and one steelie (kind of looks like a 4 1/2”?)…

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

It sure sits tall in the saddle....is that the rare 4x4 version for Canadian winters?

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

24 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

It sure sits tall in the saddle....is that the rare 4x4 version for Canadian winters?

mike

Probably stock height suspension, and I suspect those pictures were taken when the engine and/or transmission were out of the car.

Too bad there only appears to be two BWA wheels.

I would be afraid of rust from those Canadian winters!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Jam3422 said:

I agree, given a long string of "ifs", that's a very good price.

Did the "Canadian 50" have side markers?

I wouldn’t have thought so, but… Canada was primarily importing and selling U.S.-spec ‘02’s during those years, so could the ti’s have gotten caught up in any of the U.S.-spec features shared by the majority of their imports? I haven’t a clue if that’s possible. But we also don’t know how original this example is (Could a rusty Canadian example have acquired some less rusty quarter panels from a more typical U.S.-spec car? There’s no sign of drillings for front sidemarkers.) — assuming, of course, it’s got a ti VIN…  ?

Best regards,

Steve

4 minutes ago, mccusername said:

I tried to get info months ago. Wouldn’t give any information over email, only ‘call me’. Wouldn’t send pictures of chassis number. Not saying it’s not real but I didn’t get the warm fuzzies. 

I hunted it down too. They are not very receptive. I even used my welcoming voice and used complete sentences. It didn't work. 

• Haha 4

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

I’m sure we’ve all looked at that on Marketplace.  As you guys point out, there are a lot of questions.

And yeah, Steve, I don’t know the story behind the ti Canada thing.  I mean, I know they were up there, but I don’t know how many, how long they imported them, or if they had any of the US mandated stuff on them, or not.  

Scott

• Like 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

2 hours ago, pierre02ti said:

… I believe they are known to be Euro specs… 

Thanks, Pierre,

You’re certainly correct. I believe there is no question the “Canadian 50” left the factory as Euro spec cars (U.S.-spec cars needed to have their own VIN ranges from the 1968 model year onward). And none could be imported to the U.S. when new. I was simply asking whether any could have acquired sidemarkers once imported to Canada, e.g., in-transit damage — but before, for instance, someone replaced rusted-out quarter panels, which is the likely explanation here.

Why do I have such speculative thoughts? When my ‘76 was 18 months old, it needed a new rear muffler. The dealer had a pre-1975-76 rear muffler in stock, but would have to order the correct 1975-76 muffler. Without asking me, or telling me afterward, they decided they would simply cut out my right rear valance, to accommodate the earlier muffler. It still didn’t fit. I noticed the cut-out a couple days later and went storming back to the dealer. They shrugged their shoulders and told me the whole story! ?

First photo as it was from 1978 to 2015; second photo 2015 to present.

Best regards,

Steve

062B3B4F-09AB-443A-B6E5-F075E080695F.jpeg

54C9CDBD-7811-4AC6-837A-89E36FDA7F53.jpeg