• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locking gas cap

You have to pull the lock from

the cap. I don't know how to do it but I have a surplus of NK 3B7B4BBA-D1B2-40F6-A1B2-07A97F4E34A3.thumb.jpeg.4461297132f5f45bee3ccf6c814c711d.jpeg gas caps and none have the brass mechanisms.

Some day when I have nothing better to do I'll find a locksmith who can insert a new lock.

Meanwhile where I keep my car it doesn't matter cause people

don't try to steal gas from cars they don't understand.

Edited by kiva667
Clarity

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Once many many years ago I lost the ignition keys to my '81 Audi 5000. I got a knowledgeable locksmith to come to my house, 20 miles from nowhere in WA, and he was able to make a key for the ignition on the spot! He knew which blank was required and brought the correct one with him. With no more than a small file and time to spare he got me on the road again.

Je thought my situation was so funny, me a half day's walk from the nearest public transport and stranded in the woods, that he only charged me $100.

I don't know what the code is for key blanks on those NK gas caps (since I've never seen an actual key) but... maybe with a bit of luck a real pro locksmith could figure it out and make you a key with the cap still installed. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the same blanks were used in VWs of the same age.

Edited by kiva667
Clarity and edits

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"