• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schnitzer style 16V heads

dlacey

I dig the 1:2 siamesed sidedraught intake manifolds… and the simple & direct head cyl coolant routing.  The belt-drive oil pump is neat too.

Clearly that motor is run properly inclined (for the required 5 deg carb angle), vs vertical.

d.

r.

o.

o.

l……………..

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

My recollection is that was complete, upper timing cover, valve cover, head, cam carriers, cams, valves......including manifolds for side draft carby's.   I don't recall if it included pistons, but essentially everything else needed to bolt it up to a block.  Going to have to look up the Johnson Quadro head, no idea what that is/was.

Great pic of Herbert and Josef Schnitzer hovering over a Schnitzer Turbo motor (14,-4).  The gold on all the bits is what freshly cast magnesium looks like when it comes out of the mold.   It's Goooooooooooooooooollllllddddddd.

227947413_4239769076111678_4302316395250405391_n.jpg

Edited by markmac
  • Like 4