• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust repair

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A friend is looking at this 71 2002, and it looks pretty good, except for this "bit" of rust on the underbody:

1.jpg

Obviously, it's pretty bad. About how much would a shop charge to repair something like this, and does anyone know of shops in the SF Bay Area?

The asking price on the car is $2500, and it seems pretty sound except for that bit of business.

Thanks,

- Paul

Guest Anonymous

car has plenty of rust, shocktowers are going, if not already gone. I would be $100 there is more rust than you have found.

Is there an 02 expert you can take too? he would be able to tell you exactly what is up. From the pics, I would not consider this car without expert insight. $2500 is too much for sure.

Guest Anonymous

If it's truly a "friend", tell them to avoid this moneypit. Not worth 1,500.00 in my opinion. That's assuming the drivetrain is in good condition. The tub's ready to give up the ghost.