• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 20th Birthday 2002FAQ!

steve k.

• Administrators

Thank you all!

The FAQ is a community that fully depends on its members to survive and flourish.

There are several ways YOU can help the FAQ. 

1. Invite people and build a larger community. Share what we have, this is the best way to attract people.
  2. Utilize the resources that we already have and share your posts there with other within the forums and externally: 
    1. Calendar
    2. Gallery
    3. Registry
    4. Blogs
  3. If you are working on something and you gathered the information on how to get things done, create an article. It will help others in the future.
  4. If you are participating in an event, write about it. People love to read this.
  5. Buy some stuff from our store. You already knew that :)

There are more things that we can do. There are more things that i can do. The goal has always been to be the central place for the 2002 owners.

Steve 

• Like 3

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Thanks for keeping this great forum going.

As member #17 I too remember the beginning and, in many ways, not surprised it's still going strong.

Cheers,

Les

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Awesome site / community / resource!

(I wouldn't have been able to, or had the courage, to repair and work on my tii without this board for encouragement and advice)

No idea how I learned about it, or signed up back in January 2006, but glad I did.

It also led me to my first Vintage at the Vineyards in 2006, back when it had the old name and was at a vineyard.  I was building pinewood derby cars then with my son, now he's completing graduate school... funny how time passes.  

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

I remember the first version of the site! It hast  got better and better. I have not seen a better car forum. 
Best of all is the great members. Learning from them is one of the great joys of owning a vintage ‘02. 
Thank you Steve from North of the border - Oakville, Ontario.

PeterCS

• Thanks 1

I lurked on this site for a couple years before creating a account, I love it here and usually visit several times a day. I consider a lot of you my friends even though I never met you. Thank you Steve for creating this site for us. And thank you all for your post that I use for reference for all my restoration projects. Thank you!

Edited by 72pdx02
  • Like 3

Hands down the best car enthusiast forum.  Its more like "02 university" IMO.  I met so many amazing people and learned so many great things on here.  Thank you, Steve for keeping it running!

Hamada

Happily here since 05!

• Like 2

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

Thank you Steve, and Rob too!

I wasn't the first ones to join because I had seen rebellions founding own forums before and soon seen them die. Original joining dates can't be seen but I think it took couple of months to convince me :)

Excellent work ?

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Thank you Steve, and Rob too!

I wasn't the first ones to join because I had seen rebellions founding own forums before and soon seen them die. Original joining dates can't be seen but I think it took couple of months to convince me :)

Excellent work ?

There was also Trent too, but i lost contact with him about 18 years ago.

Well, we were young and stupid then. No longer young :) 

I still have ambitions to be more than just a forum.

Steve K.

• Like 1

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Oh yes, I remember Trent but forgot that he was putting up the site too. Actually, he was a great help for me as he worked in a business selling race parts and sold me pistons for my racecar. It wasn't so easy to spec custom pistons overseas those days.

• Like 1

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steve for your continuous effort.  I don't remember the what number I was when I joined, but I do remember when we were required to create a user name, and I was fortunate enough to get "2002"!  It has been great fun and a great place to learn and share.

• Thanks 1

Steve Vonk

'74 BMW 2002 Atlantik

Steve,

I’ve only been here 6 years but giant thanks all the same, I frequently forget I own a FAQ mechanics shirt until I’m at an event I want to be wearing it at

I’ve gotten great information here and purchased many 02 parts without issues

thanks again 

ACBCA075-072C-4F4A-9EF1-F9A9AF59D70B.thumb.jpeg.5e1da0e0dd4c3ac224e54d5e87fa6f5f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Many Thanks Steve!!!!!

You have brought together an amazing group of enthusiasts spanning far and wide with many generations of experience and knowledge that we all have had the pleasure in participating and learning from. I blame you for my continued 02 madness.??

Very fortunate to be a long standing FAQer here and want to thank everyone who has contributed so much and helped build an amazing community of car nuts.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Moe

• Like 1

SIGSTUFF2.jpg

Proud Member #190 since 2003.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Steve! 
When people ask where I get info and parts on such an old car, I tell them it’s almost like a religion, the followers this car has. I guess that makes you the Pope! No better place in the world as a resource for all things 02! Congratulations! Keep up the great work.

• Thanks 1